MFP goals?

Emi_the_dork
Emi_the_dork Posts: 62
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay i have been losing weight pretty successful and steady just by working out and eating below the calorie count but when i started out it I wanted to workout 90 minutes a day, some days i go for 2 hours or so...but i never really hit 700 calories. I let the wii fit or the machine im using calculate the calories and i write em down but some ppl have told me that im prolly burning more. I dont have a lot of money for a HRM and i always make sure im energized and leave the gym or wii board SWEATING LIKE A PIG!

My question is... now MFP says to burn 713 cal a workout now... would i see more results if i try long ad harder to reach 700ca a day? Or should i just take pride in the results im seeing in my body?

im also worried because im starting my period soon and REALLLy do NOT want to gain any weight back.. I drink at least 64 oz a day to be rid of water weight which has really helped.....

someone please calm me down!!

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    i wouldn't obsess too much over the calorie burning thing. if you're having success right now, then i wouldn't worry about upping it. there is such a thing as working out too much! i would wait for you to hit a plateau before you up the calorie burn even more! and don't worry over your period too much either! if you're like me, no matter what you do, you'll gain some weight from your period. BUT don't worry because it's JUST water retention and it WILL go away once you get your period. if it bothers you too much to handle seeing a gain on the scale, just don't weigh yourself again until after you're done with your period!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I really don't think longer workouts is the answer.
    You probably need to break up your long workouts into two separate intense sessions, perhaps include intervals.

Eat your protein before and esp. after a good workout... don't starve your body.

I don't use an HMR...I can take my own pulse, if necessary, so there's no need for you to go to that expense.

What worries me is that you're concerned about gaining a bit bec of TTOTM...?! This is for life. Don't get on the scale for the time being, then...

Steady and healthy is the only way. Don't get all mixed up in the various numbers.

You can do this...keep a good focus.
  • malishm
    malishm Posts: 10
    I also do the Wii Fit, but I don't use it to log my calories burned. I have looked and if you go to the exercises and log in everything you did that day on Wii Fit, it's more than the Wii says.

Maranda
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Wii Fit is a bit notorious for underestimating calorie burn. I have EA Sports Active and once I got my HRM, I realized it was under by quite a bit. And when I'm on the machines at the gym, the treadmill underestimates and the elliptical overestimates. It's a bit of a guessing game. At least for the Wii, you're probably burning 50% more than it tells you, especially if you really get your heart rate up. I burn about 50% more than the treadmill tells me and 25% less than the elliptical tells me. It's different for everyone, but it's something to go off of.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    I'd be surprised if you weren't burning that 700 calories in 1.5 or 2 hours of exercise. I often burn that in an hour of intense kickboxing, so you should get there with 1.5 or 2 hours of moderate exercise.

I will say, I have a HRM and I love it. I would not leave the house without it. Maybe save up over 3 or 4 months??
  • I really don't think longer workouts is the answer.
    You probably need to break up your long workouts into two separate intense sessions, perhaps include intervals.

Eat your protein before and esp. after a good workout... don't starve your body.

I don't use an HMR...I can take my own pulse, if necessary, so there's no need for you to go to that expense.

What worries me is that you're concerned about gaining a bit bec of TTOTM...?! This is for life. Don't get on the scale for the time being, then...

Steady and healthy is the only way. Don't get all mixed up in the various numbers.

You can do this...keep a good focus.

what is TTOTM? im confused
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53

what is TTOTM? im confused

That Time Of The Month ( your period)
This discussion has been closed.