Colon Cleanse & Weight Gain

Options
Hi! I started an herbal colon cleanse (renew life - Rapid Body Cleanse) and my weight has been steadily increasing. Is this normal?? So far I'm up about 4 pounds in the 2 days that I have been on it. I know it can't be due to eating, I'm eating what I normally do for weight loss.

Has anyone had this problem with colon cleanses? Is it water weight or am I actually gaining? I feel like I may actually be gaining just by the way my jeans are fitting.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what exactly does this herbal colon cleanse involve?
  • Ducey99
    Ducey99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Wasting money.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Wasting money.

true dat !!
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If your not normally eating a lot of fiber this can increase the waterweight of the contents of your intestines. Ie. You get soggier poop, and that extra water weight quite a bit.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    This site has now reached the point where I genuinely can't tell if half the threads are trolling or serious. Like this one.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try mixing in psyllium husk powder with oatmeal, much more effective to 'clean you out" but make sure you drink enough water.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Agree with all the above, also your body will start to depend on something to try and remove your waste when actually, unless there is a specific condition you have, your body does it all automatically.

You just need to give it a helping hand by making sure you hot your fibre targets daily.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Wasting money.

true dat !!

You're all wrong. Colon cleansing combined with a healthy diet and exercise can result in weight loss.

Mind you, wearing paper hats combined with a healthy diet and exercise can result in weight loss.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You're all wrong. Colon cleansing combined with a healthy diet and exercise can result in weight loss

Mind you, wearing paper hats combined with a healthy diet and exercise can result in weight loss.
    [/quote]

This for the win!!!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Wasting money.

true dat !!

You're all wrong. Colon cleansing combined with a healthy diet and exercise can result in weight loss.

Excellent :) I read this and then scrolled down to hit reply to send some choice words, and then saw the rest of the post :D
  • DrHeadBang
    DrHeadBang Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Wasting money.

true dat !!

I've found that hopping on one foot as soon as I get out of bed, followed by eating right and exercising, has helped me tremendously. I's my weight loss secret.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options

You forgot that becoming a prophet of the flying spaghetti monster and no longer eating massive amounts of pasta combined with a healthy diet and exercise can result in weight loss. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above, also your body will start to depend on something to try and remove your waste when actually, unless there is a specific condition you have, your body does it all automatically.

You just need to give it a helping hand by making sure you hot your fibre targets daily.

That phrase "helping hand" in relation to getting rid of waste just conjured up a very nasty mental image......
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    If your not normally eating a lot of fiber this can increase the waterweight of the contents of your intestines. Ie. You get soggier poop, and that extra water weight quite a bit.

This.
  • ScheherazadSalamin
    Options
    I have to say, I'm also beginning to think its a hoax. I have an event this week and was hoping it would help with the last two pounds but I think I will be making a trip back to whole foods today to make them take it back!