Ontario!!!

Options
I was born in BC, Alberta for a while...but now I'm stuck in Ontario for the last 9 ish years.

Im postive there is others here from ontario as well :)

Basically I wanna know who! And also we can gather some information on some fitness/weightloss related
Things like healthy foods at what grocery stores, gyms, athletic wear stores ect...

So far I've realized that Sport chek is ridiculously expensive for work out pants!

Replies

• ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    whoa! I was also born in BC (on the island) then in Alberta (calgary) and now in ontario (gta)! how weird is that!

Marks work wear house(if you catch a sale) , costco, and Joe fresh are all decent for workt out gear Ive found :)
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Oh cool! Small world!

I didn't even think to check out Marks!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    GTA here too :-) born in switzerland though :-p
    Shoes I buy wherever there is a sale marks, sears, even sports check have good prices when you time it right.
    Workout clothes - gotta admit, I bought a lot of them at value village - because I refused to invest a lot of money without trusting myself to stick with running and exercising. And the ones I picked up there mostly still had tags on, so they were practically new... A year in, I know I'll keep going, but now I have enough gear for a while :-) vain me got some too small sizes, as something to look forward to...
    Weights I got off kijiji.
    As for healthy foods - bulk barn and goodness me are 5 minutes walk from my place. BB has a $3 coupon online every week, if you spend $10. - I just figured that out, and it makes a difference if you shop right.
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Ottawa. Moved to the valley in Cobden (1 1/2hrs. west of Ottawa) almost five years ago.

I just bought some workout pants, tops and a jacket at Costco. All were $20 each and good quality. Used to get them at Zellers but now closed. Can't wait for Target to open in Ottawa.

I buy my protein powder and some bars at bulk barn as weill as many spices for recipies. Costoc carries my pre-made protein shakes and other protein bars for a great price. Not to mention almonds, cheese sticks, frozen fruit, chicken, frozen shrimp... you get the hint.

So wish we had Trader Joe's in Canada though. Always jealous when I see our American friends posting all the healthy things they buy there. A trip to the states may be in order in the near future.
  • rosered93
    rosered93 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Joe FFresh workout clothes are actually pretty good. And if you're losing weight, it makes sense to buy less expensive ones so that when you go down a few sizes it's not just money down the drain :)
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Born and raised in Ottawa. Moved to the valley in Cobden (1 1/2hrs. west of Ottawa) almost five years ago.

I just bought some workout pants, tops and a jacket at Costco. All were $20 each and good quality. Used to get them at Zellers but now closed. Can't wait for Target to open in Ottawa.

I buy my protein powder and some bars at bulk barn as weill as many spices for recipies. Costoc carries my pre-made protein shakes and other protein bars for a great price. Not to mention almonds, cheese sticks, frozen fruit, chicken, frozen shrimp... you get the hint.

So wish we had Trader Joe's in Canada though. Always jealous when I see our American friends posting all the healthy things they buy there. A trip to the states may be in order in the near future.

Target is open here and the cheapest pair of active wear pants were $44!
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    GTA represent! I actually get most of my fitness wear at Old Navy. There's always some kind of sale going on there and they have very cute (and comfortable) workout clothing!

As far as other fitness goods, I can't really be of too much help. I pilfered 10 lb. weights from my little brother's set that he never uses as they're too light for him and picked up my Jillian Michaels DVDs online. I plan to invest in a solid HRM and some nice neoprene dumbbells soon, so I would love to know where I should look too!
  • Moviegal77
    Moviegal77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ottawa.

My rule of thumb, the only things I invest in are my sports bras and shoes. As for clothes Athletic Works at Walmart are good. I have a couple of work out pants that are at least 3 years old and still look amazing.
  • Shaansmum
    Shaansmum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, Costco, winners, target & gap!
  • jafy23
    jafy23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    im from peterborough ontario :D