Insanity

Options
Ok so I'm trying to get back into working out again (I took several months off due to life events). I just bought Insanity, any advice on how to make it through this workout lol. I would also like to see progress pics if anyone has any :)

My goal is to lose another 20-25 pounds and tone up. I'm hoping I chose the right program to help me achieve my goals.

Replies

• ljmiller11
    ljmiller11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice as I have just ordered it for myself. I'll be starting on the 1st of May. Add me if you like :) Good luck!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Abrandnewme36 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm excited so I think I'm gonna go ahead and start mine tonight :)
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great job making the decision to get active again! My advice - take breaks when you need to. Do a search for other posts. I've seen several with progress pics that provide great motivation for me. Good luck!
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Starting today too!!
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I completed Insanity 2 weeks ago. I've been looking for a reasonably prices Asylum workout, but no luck yet so I have decided to do Insanity for another round. :)
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    At the beginning you'll definitely need to take more water breaks - do so and don't feel guilty about it. Leave the video playing and join back in as soon as you can. You WILL improve! Do the fitness tests too, because you will see improvement in those as well.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My sister talked me into trying the 1st video yesterday after church - OMG!!! I think I stopped/gasped for air MORE than I did the workouts. That workout is NO JOKE - but I was proud (after the fact) that I at least attempted it.

I'm supposed to be doing day 2 this evening (but I think the elliptical is sounding a little more appealing right now LOL).
  • lisa9803
    lisa9803 Posts: 39
    Options
    Go at your own pace and take breaks when you need to. Form is key to this workout :-) And don't drink too much during the workout, you might cramp, drink just enough to keep you hydrated. Good luck!
  • malissal86
    malissal86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have insanity too. It is the most awesome thing that you will hate. Everytime I try and start insanity something happens and I have to stop. Starting again today! The first time I did insanity, I lost 25 lbs in the first month!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    What kind of results did you get?
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have 7 days left. Here's my advise....

1 - Throw your scale away!!! It will not give you an accurate picture of what happens to your body. I have lost 12 pounds but it looks more like 30!

2 - Make sure you are eating enough! Don't try to do this on few calories thinking you will lose weight faster. All you are going to do is burn up your body, be exhausted, and generally starving. You need to eat to do this program.

3 - DO NOT try to keep up with the people in the video!!! You will likely hurt yourself and/or get discouraged and quit. You have to work as hard as YOU can, not as hard as others can.

Enjoy your program!!! Embrace the love/hate relationship you are going to have with Shaun T for the next 2 months!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the feedback! I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life. I'm sure I'm going to need all the support I can get lol :)
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 20 on saturday, sunday is my rest day so today is the start of the last two thirds of the program. Keep at your pace probably the best advice i can give you!
  • Abrandnewme36
    Options
    Ok so I'm trying to get back into working out again (I took several months off due to life events). I just bought Insanity, any advice on how to make it through this workout lol. I would also like to see progress pics if anyone has any :)

My goal is to lose another 20-25 pounds and tone up. I'm hoping I chose the right program to help me achieve my goals.

Also.....did you guys follow the diet that is suggested?? And did you do any other form of exercising such as walking or jogging??
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Insanity is bananas yo! I'm on week 4. The best advice I can give is GO AT YOUR OWN PACE! And give your best effort. You WILL see results. Do not have the mindset you are going to lose 80-100 pounds in 60 days. Like others mention, don't pay attention to the scale. Look at your physique in the mirror and you will see a new you.
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did it and finished :) I don't really have many tips though.....just stick with it, ignore the scale if you gain a few pounds, eat enough food :) Here's my results from when I did it....I did it when I was around 255 lbs.

PicMonkeyCollage_zpsf93de2a3.jpg
  • strieb
    strieb Posts: 8
    Options
    I just started Month 2 this morning! I LOVE it - the results are awesome. It's super intense and you really have to trust your body - go at your own pace and drink water. I drink nearly 35 ounces of water in an hour workout and I STILL feel thirsty. I don' t follow the diet plan - but I do count my calories and make most-of-the-time smart choices. In the beginning I cut out bagels and cheese (two of my favorite things!) and I used to eat large quantities of candy. By cutting those things out and doing these intense workouts, I've managed to lose 20 pounds, nearly 8 inches all around, and a pant size. I also firmly believe consuming protein powder (mixed with unsweetened almond milk) has also helped me in muscle recovery and also muscle growth. I can finally see my abs!!! I thought that after I had my daughter two years ago that they were gone forever. Moral of my story - LOVE Insanity. I hope you will too!!
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Also.....did you guys follow the diet that is suggested?? And did you do any other form of exercising such as walking or jogging??

I walk 45min in the morning and do my Insanity workout in the evening. I don't think the walking is "necessary" but it won't hurt :)

So far I've cooked maybe 1 or 2 recipes from the nutrition guide so I don't follow it regularly. As long as you are eating "clean" and watching calories you should be okay.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options

1 - Throw your scale away!!! It will not give you an accurate picture of what happens to your body. I have lost 12 pounds but it looks more like 30!

This. My results were the same. I lost about 10lbs, but it looked like more. Don't get obsessed with what the scale says. .

13372508_1963.jpg