Pictures and old clothes...speak a thousand words!

Options
chasetwins
chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
So to date I have only lost just under 22 pounds. It is a lot to some..but not to me. But what is worse..I am still in the same size clothes so it is discouraging when i get dressed every day LOL
On some days I see a change and I am super duper excited all day..then others I see nothing! Well I took the advice of someone on here. I was in a wedding the last day of August last year. I was yo yo dieting from September up to December and got really serious January 1st. The bulk of my weight loss has been since the first of January.

The dress in question was a perfect fit when i wore it. I could not however get it on myself. I needed someone to zip and clasp the back since I could not just turn it around on myself. Today for the hell of it - I threw it on OVER my clothes. I am wearing jeans and a tshirt. I was not only able to put it on backwards - clasp / zip it and then turn it around correctly...but the damn thing is lose on me even with clothes under it!!!!!

If I have any advice to give after this - Grab something you have not worn for awhile that you know fit you like a glove and try it on after you have lost a bit but still aren't getting that "feeling skinnier" feeling!!!

Replies

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!! GREAT advice...may have to try this in a couple of months!!
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. :)
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the SAME way!! I got some clothes for Christmas and could barely put them on over my chest. I tried them on again recently (have only lost 13 pounds since January) and I was able to the get the shirt over my chest, no problem. Now, they don't LOOK that great but it showed me I have actually made progress even though I am still wearing the same size pants/tops, etc. I can't wait to try them on again after I have hit the 20 pound mark.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You speak truth.. Let me add. I too am in the same size clothes even though I am losing inches like crazy. Was getting discouraged. Put on a pair of shorts from last summer and my my my. They fit me totally different. Much better. Less tight around the legs and a bit of a gap at the waist. I will have to wear a belt with them.. However!!! I can't for the life of me figure out why I am still wearing the same clothes now..
  • chasetwins
    Options
    :) weird isn't it? If my jeans were not a little tight on the waist first thing out of the dryer after trying that dress on..I would think I should try a smaller size! Most of my jeans are still tight when I put them on..then I think OMG were they like painted on before? LMAO
  • Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great post and great suggestion! I have lost 17 lbs since Feb. and am still wearing my size 14 jeans too. But in reality, they are much, much looser and actually look pretty sloppy now. I definitely think I was busting out of them before.:)

So just for the hell of it, I bought myself a pair of size 12's a few days ago and guess what, they fit and look so much nicer than the old 14's!

I also took out some summer clothes from last year and wow, did they look different. While only a few of them were obviously enormous, most of them were loose and will probably be too big by the time summer arrives!

Keep going! We are losing inches as well as pounds....:)
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Great post and great suggestion! I have lost 17 lbs since Feb. and am still wearing my size 14 jeans too. But in reality, they are much, much looser and actually look pretty sloppy now. I definitely think I was busting out of them before.:)

So just for the hell of it, I bought myself a pair of size 12's a few days ago and guess what, they fit and look so much nicer than the old 14's!

I also took out some summer clothes from last year and wow, did they look different. While only a few of them were obviously enormous, most of them were loose and will probably be too big by the time summer arrives!

Keep going! We are losing inches as well as pounds....:)

One of the best feelings in the world wasn't it :) Congrats on your new apparel!! Love being forced to shop because clothes are too big LOL
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    good solid advice. thanks and congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!