Day 74 of my Permanent Weight loss Journey

Options
Today is day 74 of my fitness and good eating journey. I went from no exercise to moderate excerise to 5-6 days a week, 80 mins a day of workouts and cardio. My starting weight was 402lbs. thats right 402! I have always literally lived with criticism from others about how I looked, and you know as human nature I was offended. But now im starting to realize all of that criticism has helped me get motivated and get to where im at now. im 24 years old and 6'5'' tall. feb 12th 2013 was the first day of my clean whole food/ and as much organic food as possible. clean protein and fiber and good fats. I went from eating a lot of bad stuff to practically quite the opposite. Today was my 10th weigh in I think. I weighed in at 346.2 lbs!. Just shy of 55 lbs lost. Keep in mind this is all under 3 months too. But Ive told everyone, the bigger you are and the more out of shape you are, the more likely you are to loss the first 50 lbs faster. I have already noticed my sessions in the gym and on the road (blacktop jogging) have gotten longer to meet the same cal burn 1 month ago. But it doesnt bother me at all. Im motivated by the pure sense of accomplishment of meeting my small weigh in goals, that will eventually lead to my big weigh in goal which I hope to achieve by feb 2014. I have dropped almost 3 jeans already, and 1 shirt size. Even my feet seem less wide, if that makes sense. Many people ask me, how do you do it?. I tell them this: "I am tired of waking up every morning looking at myself in the mirror, not happy with myself, putting on bigger clothes than average, and having no energy all day. I want to fit in better with society, I want to be happier. Most importantly I dont want the stress and depression I have carried for so long due to how I felt about myself. I felt like this in high school and in college, and until now have felt that way too." I wanted to be more than just what I was already showing people. I wanted and do want to prove to myself most importantly I have what it takes to build a stronger, leaner person within and outside myself. Im doing this for no one but myself. Positive people that support me have helped...Clean eating and fitness have helped A LOT...sleeping more normal hours has helped...and just maintaining a positive focus on my small goals that are leading to my big goal. Now by feb 2014 my big goal was I wanted to weigh in at 302lbs, but I have lost a lot more weight and noticed a lot more positive things about myself already so Im thinking more now like 290, then ill go from there.

For those who look to this post while reading it, for inspiration... All I can think of is be yourself! But a smarter for active self. choices have consequences in life, but they also have rewards. keep that in mind. Getting started isnt the hardest part about weight loss, its the commitment and focus. If you keep those two things in check, well I think you will do just fine!.

Now for me im literally just about 2 1/2 months into my life change. But I promise you one thing... I will keep at it and when I reach my major goal, I will maintain it or keep going!

I wish I had started doing this years ago, but you know I have no regrets because it has all given me the determination and commitment to my permanent life style change. AS Shaun T from Insanity saids: "its time to DIG DEEPER!"

i would post pictures but apparently i have no idea how!. add me if you want.

Replies

• StephTanis
    StephTanis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You have done wonderfully so far! Keep up the great attitude and hard work and you will most certainly meet your goal!
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good for you on the weight loss and the attitude change. It all starts there! Keep up the good work!
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You're an inspiration. I have also just begun my new lifestyle and believe me, I'm never going back there. With that kind of determination, we'll all be success stories!!!!
  • Dustin_02
    Dustin_02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You amaze me with your hard work and weight loss man! You're going to crush all the goals you set for your self. Keep it up looking forward to more results. You inspire me to work out harder!
  • Version_Me2013
    Version_Me2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your kind words. Its been fun. Its just the beginning. Good luck to all of you with your life style changes. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!