What is the best App for tracking ALL fitness activity?

Hello All,

I've been using Nike GPS + for over 3 years now, and I love it, but I want to track ALL my fitness activities in a single app. I just bought a bike, and Nike GPS + doesn't support that, and I walk almost everyday at lunch break, and I don't want to log that as a run.
I also do Bikram Yoga twice or 3 times a week, and just started a little bit of gym twice a week.

I was recommended MapMyRide for the biking part of it, but then again, there's Map my Walk, and Map my run, and I want to keep everything in one single app.

I see in the App tab in here Endomondo can be synched with myfitnesspal, is anyone using it? Would you recommend it?

Oh btw, I'm Bruno, in Montreal, and this is my first post :-)

Replies

• pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Hi Bruno; I wish I could answer your question for you, but I wanted to respond because no one else did and I felt bad. I made my first ever post yesterday too and no on answered. It sounds like you have a very nice set of activities you enjoy. I have been using Steps as a day long pedometer and once I got it set I really like it and I run it with My Tracks on my hike everyday and walks with the kids. They like it because they can put in fun pins like, "here I found an eaten corn cob" or "here is our bench". Anyway, I see you and welcome and good luck. - Deb in Wisconsin
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    I too don't know the answer, but will keep checking in cause id like to have an app like that too. @Pearlmorning to piggy back on what she said about the slow to no commenting. I too didn't get responses to my first post. Keep posting till you do or join a group? There are plenty of them on the site and your bound to get the answers you seek. Good Luck!!
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    The mapmy websites (mapmyrun, mapmyride, etc.) are all interchangeable. You can record everything on any one of the sites. Your profile stays the same. Me, I started with mapmywalk but then spent more time logging into mapmyride because I started doing more cycling so it was easier that way. But there is nothing to stop you recording a run on mapmyride or whatever.

I love the mapmy website for the calendar view where it shows all the miles (or kilometres) you've logged. It's motivating to see those monthly totals.
  • I have been using Digifit's iCardio app for tracking my workouts. It has settings for running, biking and yoga (in the "other" category). It works with bluetooth HRMs, and syncs with MFP and fitbit.
  • brunosolohayuno
    brunosolohayuno Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you guys, for all your answers and comments!
    What I ended up doing was installing Endomondo, and synching it with Nike GPS +. It transferred all the info of my previous runs (except the maps). Then, I synched Endomodo with MyFitnessPal.
    For my runs, I keep using Nike GPS+, and for the rest, I use Endomondo. The synching between Nike and Endomondo can take some time (even more than 24 hours), but the synching between Endomodo and MyFitnessPal is almost intantaneous. Eventually, all the info gets here to MyFitnessPal, which is what I wanted. So it's working fine for me.
    But I will take a look at the ones you suggested!
    Thanks again!
    Bruno.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    More than likely its that Bodymedia device.