I hit my goal today, but....

Options
RonandDi
RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
6 months ago I decided that it was time to make a change. I set my goal at 190, that would be a loss of 32 pounds. I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 190.2. WooHoo....only problem is that now I think I would be better at closer to 180 or 185. So, I'm going to continue as I have been and see where it takes me. I might not get to 180 before I decide I'm where I want to be, but it will be a lot easier than the first 32.

Replies

• leiann2003
    leiann2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment!
  • shelbymkoenig
    shelbymkoenig Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I set my goal at something I thought I would ultimately reach in 6-8 months, but if I want to keep going once I get there I probably will. It sure would be nice to have a normal BMI for once in my life, haha.
  • ccostagliola
    ccostagliola Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal!!
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well Done! Setting achievable goals is the most sensible way to lose weight, and now you've proved you can do it!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!!
    However I don't see any problem with perhaps considering a lower goal as long as this is with in your healthy range. Continue with your wonderful ways and super duper health to you :flowerforyou:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with setting new goals!
  • timetochange98374
    Options
    One goal is good but keep going if you want. It is only up to you in how far you want to go.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    Nothing wrong with setting new goals!

Good for you re your total weight loss on this journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting it. And there is nothing wrong with setting new goals for yourself. Do what feels right to you! :)
  • RonandDi
    RonandDi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm looking forward to kicking it into maintenance mode. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm hoping I have the same issue when I get to my GW. Congratulations!
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    wow that is a great loss! well done for all the hard work
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!