Did you try? Or you going by "hearsay"?
  • msjeannettea
    msjeannettea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Did you try or you going by hearsay?
    It has the word diet in the title which says it all
  • PatriciaW4
    Options
    So I'm new on the boards and on Day 2 of Dr. Ian's Shred Diet. Has anyone tried and finished the 6-week eating plan? Any pitfalls/watchouts?
  • mjmiron2014
    Options
    On week 3 of Super shred day 3 lost 5 pounds first week and 6 the next this is not a fad diet it works. I am not going to weigh myself till day 7. If you are questioning the foods or if it works just try it what's 9.99 for a lifetime of happiness. Hope this encourages those of you who do not believe this works it does.
  • Walking2myDestiny
    Walking2myDestiny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sound like it is working for you… I just ordered the book this evening, so I'm going to give it a try too.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Quote from the Shred site:

"Taking the detox from FAT SMASH DIET, the intense cleanse from EXTREME FAT SMASH, and varying food from THE 4 DAY DIET, SHRED is a six week plan to a new way of life! The results have been amazing."

So there's detox (which your body does anyway) and intense cleanse (whatever that is) in this diet but it isn't a fad yet South Beach is?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    my cousin swears by it and has been successful. I looked into it and it makes a lot of sense.
  • kctmw
    kctmw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start the Shred Diet this week but I would love a sample Week 1 Grocery list. Does it exist?

Here is the week one grocery list and plan for day one from good morning america:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/39-super-shred-diet-39-week-1-menu-110957385--abc-news-Recipes.html
  • romeogig
    Options
    what's the difference between the shred and the super shred?
  • mydaydreamerz
    mydaydreamerz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello All:

First, I began taking my health a lot more seriously in 2012 when I weighed 332 lb.s Since then I have lost about 44 lbs on my own. I have had my ups and downs. I have been eating cleaner but I have always had a problem with binging and portion control. Lately, I have been stuck in the 290's, feeling a bit overwhelmed and unmotivated. I remember seeing the story of Beverly who lost 109 lbs using the Shred Diet on Black Women Losing Weight/Black Weight Loss Success. I read her story and the first chapter of the book and thought I think think this is exactly what I needed. I have realized that I am the type of person whom has to have a detailed schedule to keep me on track. I like the fact that it is so structured and gives us healthy options to eat each day. I also appreciated the fact that you can make substitutions and modify the schedule so it works for you. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of eating mindlessly when I do not follow a set schedule. Knowing when and what to eat, keeps me from "living" in the refrigerator. I don't see it as being a fad because most of the choices were food I was eating on my own when I first learned about clean eating. For me, there is always enough to eat. Matter of fact, by the time I am scheduled to eat the last meal, I am pretty full and can't eat all of it.

I don't put too much emphasis on calorie intake for two reasons:
    1. When I have put emphasis on keeping below a certain calorie goal, I obsessed and tended to skip meals and restricted too the point that I would end up binging for weeks.
    2. The portion sizes are small enough to not worry about calories. If you put emphasis on calorie intake, you will not like the fact that you will be in the 1000-1300 calorie range. So this diet isn't for everyone.

I started the diet 3 days ago. Before I started, I finally broke the 290 lbs plane by weighing in at 288.2 lbs. So far, I have followed the plan to best of my ability and I feel good. My energy levels are up and I am little more focused. So far so good for me.

Sorry its such a long post :-)
  • mydaydreamerz
    mydaydreamerz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    romeogig:

The Shred diet is 6 weeks long and can be repeated every six weeks. The Super Shred is only 4 weeks and is not made to be repeated like the Shred diet. I think the Super Shred has some slight dietary and exercise differences but the format is still essentially the same.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    So it's been a year since this thread started...how'd everyone do on this diet that totally works?
  • michelle070574
    michelle070574 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • tammy0901
    Options
    Is there anyone still doing this diet? I am on day 4 of week 1. I've been logging my food in and it's been about 1600 calories but I'm pretty sure I'm still losing weight. I guess it's just because I'm eating better and more often.
  • yabbo24497
    yabbo24497 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Shred diet isn't a fad. I'm actually planning on starting it next week and I'm carefully reading the book. It's a 6 week program and if you read the book, you will see that after six weeks you can cycle in the weeks that work best for you and then once you reach your goal, there is also maintenance so that you can stay where you're at. The most important pieces I'm taking away thus far are that you need to eat about every 3 hours (makes sense), teaches you portion control (says how much of each nutrient you need per meal), and teaches you combinations of food that work well for each meal and snack. The very beginning of the book also says that Dr. Ian doesn't expect anyone to be perfect and follow it to a T, but if you need to substitue because you're going out try to be cognisant of your choices. I'm excited to start!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand why people pay for stuff like this.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Like ANY other diet, if one follows the protocols, they'll lose weight. And like any other diet program, 90% will revert to weight regain because practically all diets are unsustainable in the long term.

Just in to say that all diets have one thing in common......................................calorie deficit. And you don't have to pay for that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Like ANY other diet, if one follows the protocols, they'll lose weight. And like any other diet program, 90% will revert to weight regain because practically all diets are unsustainable in the long term.

Just in to say that all diets have one thing in common......................................calorie deficit. And you don't have to pay for that.

IDEA Fitness member

truth.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

truth.

+1