Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Options
Ok, I have lost almost 30lbs since the beginning of the year and have dropped three pant sizes. People tell me that I look great and that is really nice, but today I feel fat! I worked out this morning and had a great workout, but I just feel like it's hard to tell the difference. I'm at work right now and can't post pics. I know that there is a difference, just not feelin' it today. Maybe I'm just weird. Just wondering if other people ever feel this way or am I an odd ball?

Replies

• wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have those days as well.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    We all feel that way sometimes. Even the tiny little actresses and models have their "fat days". Obviously you're doing great so keep it up. In a few days you'll pull out of it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's very common, and yes I do. :smile:
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    There are days I look in the mirror and say "hubba hubba", and other days I want to cover every mirror in the house with a towel.
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Seems totally normal to me! I 'feel' fat today - now that may just be my mind telling myself that because I splurged some this weekend that it all went to my ___ (insert appropriate hated body part here), or I may just be having an off day.

Some days I feel amazing, others not so much. I KNOW I am making progress, so on my not so fab days, I remind myself of that and drink some extra water :wink:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    No, You're not alone. I feel like that from time to time. I also have my "skinny" days as well.
  • Shortie1965
    Shortie1965 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I HAVE DONE THAT PLENTY OF TIMES
  • ashleykenny8
    ashleykenny8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels that way. That's why people have "fat pants" for days when they're bloated or just feel like they're fat that day.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i am in that boat with you today. It is nice to hear there are others out there :flowerforyou:
  • dance54
    dance54 Posts: 13
    Options
    yes i also have days like that try use as motivation sometimes
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has those days. Some days, even though the scale says I am fine, I just feel fat. I just shrug it off. I will feel better tomorrow.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    ahhhh yes. I think this has been a particularly difficult week for many of us, and seeing all the tragedy in the world and repeated news threads can bog anyone down. Not to mention all of our busy lives, ups, downs and life's challenges. feeling a bit down myself. today is weigh in day for me, so hoping to see some continued progress.

If you all can - cheer up a bit and smile, I am trying to do this myself! :flowerforyou:
    I just saw a segment on CNN about a dance instructor whom lost her foot and a bit above as well as a result of the bombing in Boston. There were some beautiful pictures of her smiling and a phone discussion b/t her and CNN reporter where she was very positive. WOW, isn't that awesome??????

Now back to work. Have a great week everyone:smile::heart: :smile: :heart:
  • timetochange98374
    Options
    I've lost weight before and had those same feelings. They sucks but just keep pushing. It will be worth it in the long run. Don't let it get you down. I did and had to start over.
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I needed this post.

I fight with myself every dang day because I don't see the progress, yet everyone else claims I'm taking huge strides.

Two of my husband's friends (in one day) both made comments along the lines of, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight. You look really good." But all I could do was frown and say, "Not really lost that much weight.. But thank you anyway."

So I am so glad it's not just me feeling this way.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have those days. But, it's just a day. Think of your successes. Smile and keep a positive attitude :)

Congratulations on your success!