How to log breast feeding?

Options
Nicholec2003
Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
How do you log breast feeding? Do you just add it on to you daily intake or log it as exercise?

How many calories do you add?

Replies

• worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Log it under food intake as -300 calories per day for a child fully on breast milk....
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've heard 1oz = 20 cal burned. You can get a rough estimate for nursing sessions by pumping and counting the oz. And when I was nursing I'd just manually enter it under exercise.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Just create a custom exercise option for breastfeeding and add it daily.

Add 500 calories for an exclusively breastfed infant. I'd keep it that high, just to be on the safe side.
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was never the woman who could eat an extra 500 cals while bfing. I ate like I did, but boy was I wrong ;) I also never had a perfectly adequate supply - it took lots of oatmeals, meds, herbs, voodoo, and water to be able to do it.
    My daughter is 19months old, we're still nursing (lots less, but still doing it).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!