Staying motivated/ single mom of 3...

Options
Hi Everyone! I rejoined this not too long ago weighing in at 214lbs. The heaviest I have ever been in my life! My best friend and I have always been around the same size and now she is 160lbs and I am jealous! She is my inspiration because she is so motivated. But my real inspiration comes from my 3 kids. They are 10, 8 &3. Let's be real here- being obese is not healthy and can cause a lot of health issues, so I am not only doing this for myself but for my children. They need me more than anything else. I have tried over and over to lose weight and some times I will lose weight and just get caught up in life or just get frustrated because I am not seeing fast results. I do get discouraged easily because I feel like working out and eating healthy is sooo hard. At one point I really thought I was addicted to food! I love to eat. haha who doesn't? I am also a smoker... I have not yet even begun to quit, maybe I keep making excuses but the truth is I just was not ready to give up the cancer stick just yet. I am now determined to quit. I am looking for new friends to help me stay motivated and put positivity (is that a word? lol) in my life. I have so far lost 4lbs and I refuse to weigh myself until my monthly friend goes away... but stay tuned!!! XOXO

Replies

• Nicolecopperboom
    Options
    Mother of 2 here. I smoked my last cigarette 2 weeks ago, and I never felt better and smelled better. Everyone around me smokes, and that made it hard, but as of right now, I have accomplished that much, and I am sure you can do it also. I used gum, when I feel the urge to go smoke, I just stick some gum in my mouth and do something else, like read a book. I don't know how it is at your house right now, but make it so that smoking is not allowed in the house at all, so that way you have to get up to go smoke and may be discouraged if it is to hot or cold out for your liking to deal with a cigarette. Best of luck to you!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I used to be rather obsessed with eating "good" food, but I've found that it's 100% possible to maintain a healthy diet that still tastes good. It just takes a little looking.
  • lowerh22
    lowerh22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi - good luck. Think of it as a race!! You gotta beat her :D Hope it all goes well x
  • krisbarger3285
    Options
    thanks guys for the post! Yes smoking is so hard to quit! I recently moved me and my 3 children back home to my mom and dads house where my brother and sister live as well... so already a stressful environment! I have confidence in me that I will quit... I just really need to put my mind to it! My mom and my sister smoke but we do not smoke in the house so that will help a little. I think the hardest thing is not taking a smoke break at work. My job is so slow that I can just go smoke whenever and I do whenever I get bored. (terrible I know) I thank you all for your words because this does keep me motivated! And yes I have found healthy ways to eat good (even when eating out yay :) lol )
  • ammp
    ammp Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My job is so slow that I can just go smoke whenever and I do whenever I get bored.
    Time to take a lap around the building....or two ;)
  • krisbarger3285
    Options
    sooo true!!!