Is the 30 Day Shred enough??

Options
sc10985
sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
I love the 30ds and am currently starting it again at level one. I feel like I'm in a little better shape this time around so sometimes I feel like it's not enough exercise (not so much the intensity, it's still hard, but it's so short) and I hop on the treadmill and jog for an extra 10-20 mins. Does anyone else combine the 30ds with more cardio?? Or is it too much?

Replies

• mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred last week too and because it is so short, I do some extra cardio when I can as well. I am no expert by any means but I just wanted you to know that I have been doing the same thing :smile: !
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Add weights.
  • sc10985
    Options
    Add weights.

Well I use weights, so do you mean add more strength training in addition to what the 30ds involves??
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If level 1 is too easy, just stick to level 3.

The program I did has 3 levels and level 1 is so easy I don't even bother. I just pop the 3rd in when I feel like doing that workout.
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love the 30ds and am currently starting it again at level one. I feel like I'm in a little better shape this time around so sometimes I feel like it's not enough exercise (not so much the intensity, it's still hard, but it's so short) and I hop on the treadmill and jog for an extra 10-20 mins. Does anyone else combine the 30ds with more cardio?? Or is it too much?

I always add cardio to the beginning or end. I like a 15 minute HASfit cardio video I found. It's high intensity, and you sweat and get your heart rate going like CRAZY without needing to add too much extra time to the 30DS. Check it you if you are looking for something short, but intense.

I felt the same way--that the 30DS wasn't quite enough for the toning and weight I want to lose. (about 20 pounds)

Good luck!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing level one, I use weights when doing the cardio like she has you do in level 3, gives you a little something extra. I usually do a couple of miles on the elliptical a few days a week, but have been neglecting that lately. (I also play 3 volleyball games a week, so that's an added bonus). You could also try using slightly heavier weights this time around.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    use heavier weights. maybe alternate one or two days a week with a cardio session.
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would probably do level 3 throughout the entire 30 days.

Also, I only did 30 DS for like five days until I got out of the habit. I will say, though, that one day I did the level one twice and the elliptical for 45 min and 30 min of yoga, and I felt totally fine. That makes me think that if you are more in shape now that you should definitely challenge yourself more!
  • wdeanna506
    Options
    Ive been doing the 30 days shred since January and i added zumba to the mix in the beginning of march and do that now for 45 minutes. started over with the shred friday and bumped up my weights from 3lbs to 5lbs and i can def tell a difference. i felt the same way that the shred was no longer enough for me and boy let me tell you the 45 minutes of zumba i do and the shred really kicks my butt for the day and i feel great about it.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I don't find it enough personally, I do another workout on top of it, it is a really good workout but not enough (this is personal for me)
  • sc10985
    Options
    Yea I think I'll get some heavier weights! Although some of the moves still kill with 3 pounders!!!! Lol
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to use 30DS for two-a-days. I do 30DS in the am and then 30 minutes of cardio in the pm.