Week four and weight gain

Options
I am having trouble. I am on week four and gained three pounds. I am staying within my calories for the weekly goal with only going over my calories once or twice a week (and it's not a large amount at all). I am working out 4-6 days a week. I see results in some of my clothes but the scale is not moving or if it does, it's moving up. Please help with any suggestions!

Replies

• Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The first few weeks I cut back dramatically on my calorie intakes and I started losing pretty quick. Then I hit week 4 or 5 and stalled out even gained a pound or two. I was just like you though as far as keeping under my calorie goal and working out. Somebody suggested drinking lots of water to get rid of water weight. It is possible that your muscles are retaining water therefore making the scale go up. Try to drink at least 8 cups of water (it isn't easy) for a couple of days and see if the scale starts to drop. After I did that 1-2 days I dropped a pound right away. Good luck! Also you may be gaining muscle so that would explain the weight gain but clothes change :)
  • rissy95
    rissy95 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am unfortunately in the same boat as you. I am looking for similar advice. I work out 4-6 days a week...stay within the calories allowed (even eating more with the extra calories burned), doing mostly cardio with a little weights. I noticed no weightloss and I seem to fluctuate between gaining and losing the same two pounds.

I have been doing this between 4-5 weeks now. According to what I log, MFP is saying I should be a certain weight within 5 weeks, and obviously Im not moving.

But I do however have one of those scales that tells you your water weight, muscle mass weight, body fat, etc...and it did state my muscle weight has increased almost 10 pounds. And with my weight staying around where it has been, I'm questioning if that's a bad thing or not. And I have also noticed small differences in clothes and/or appearance of legs etc.

So I wish you luck with finding this information out, because I too am having the same issues and am getting pretty discouraged.
  • nikkilowe9885
    Options
    I figured with doing the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels I would expect to gain muscle weight (trust me, I'm feeling it!). But I am not drinking enough water. I do already have to take a diuretic so I wonder if maybe not taking it on a daily basis is what's making this happen (duh I should have thought about that). I will see if drinking more water will make a difference but I refuse to give up!! Thank you for your help and good luck to you too!
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    bump