TOPS

Options
Does anyone know how TOPS works and how much does it cost ?

Replies

• Koshie
    Koshie Posts: 61
    Options
    I thought TOPS was a Bible Based Weight Watchers? We had one at my Church when I was a teen. I dont know if there is a charge associated with the program. You could try http://www.tops.org/default.aspx for more info
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Here the cost for Tops is I believe $25 for the year and $5 a month. We meet once a week and have a weigh in and a meeting where there is a round table discussion or a presentation about health and weight loss. I love it and find all of the members very wonderful and motivating!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I thought TOPS was a Bible Based Weight Watchers? We had one at my Church when I was a teen. I dont know if there is a charge associated with the program. You could try http://www.tops.org/default.aspx for more info
    Here is is not Bible Based at all, our chapter does meet in a church, but other chapters meet other places!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    In my area, it is $25 to activate your membership. After that, it is only $3/month. They send you a monthly TOPS magazine. I found the people in my area to be very sweet, but not terribly motivating. When you are in TOPS, it is a very individual experience though. I would suggest going to a meeting to check it out first. The chapter in my area didn't mind at all that I visited a couple times before making a decision. TOPS is not affiliated with any religion or the bible at all, but they do sing funny little songs and chant. :laugh:

My schedule did not allow me to continue attending, but I know many people have successfully kept off weight in that program. TOPS is a good option if you do not want to spend a lot of money, but are longing for group support. I would often get emails and phone calls from fellow members to check on me throughout the week. You will get out of it what you put into it! Best of luck!
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    thanks