sllynn030
sllynn030 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,
I'm new on MFP. I actually started last Wednesday just to see how its like and I have to say that I LOVE MFP! I already lost 3 lbs. Which makes me feel really proud of myself for once. However, I do have a question, How many calories should a person burn in order to see results? Anyhoo, thought that I would finally post something on here. Support is greatly appreicated :)

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Calorie burn needed for exercise can vary from person to person. What really matters is you understand how weight loss works...

There are roughly 3500 calories in a pound. In order to lose a pound, you need to burn more than you eat. If in order to maintain your weight you should eat, 2000 for example, if you eat 1500 calories a day, you will lose a pound a week. Make sense? Some people exercise not at all to lose weight, some exercise a ton in order to eat more. It is all relative.

Exercise fits in and allows you to burn more calories which you should consume at least half. I know you are thinking, why would I work out just to eat those calories back? I recommend you read some sticky topics on eating exercise calories.

Hope that makes sense! Welcome to MFP and let us know if you need more help. :)

PS there are many other benefits to exercise then calories!
  • sllynn030
    sllynn030 Posts: 4
    Hey thanks! That does make alot of sense!! Thanks for the helpful info :wink:
This discussion has been closed.