Losing because I can barely walk without Pain.

Options
13»

Replies

• teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. it happens as we age unfortunately i too have knee pain .. but i started going to the gym and little bit it feels better along with MFP and my weight loss support group i am gonna kick this and change my lifestyle ... YOU are not alone...
  • BVGeer
    BVGeer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I suffer from pain daily also, I have managed to ALMOST meet my goal. I suffer from myofascial pain syndrome. Feel free to add me. It's hard to exercise when you are in pain. I have managed to lose my weight through diet and some exercise. When I hurt, I don't work out. It has taken me almost 2 years just through calorie counting. I need motivation also.
  • Jessika1987
    Options
    The pain in my body is one of the main reasons I know I need to loose weight. It's my body yelling at me, asking me for help. I also have knee pains and worst of all lower back pains to where I can't stand straight :(..this all happened when i hit 300
  • Aimyloo
    Aimyloo Posts: 14
    Options
    I actually get the injections in my knees as well. Uncomfortable, but a relief when you're in pain. You're not special, or the only one.

Nice, typical, snotty answers from skinny girls like you and your friends up there though. Automatically lash out and assume I've never looked at a weight chart, gone to Dr's myself for years, had small boned friends with your height, etc. I'm fat, not uneducated. I don't know you personally, luckily, but anyone looking at a chart will see you're thin.

Sorry, no sympathy for a girl at a "normal" weight with a crappy Dr.

Harsh? Sure...but true. I've learned not to sugarcoat. People don't do it for me. Truth.
  • dharlemon
    Options
    Hi Tara,

My name is Demetria and I so feel your pain. This is my first time using MFP and I think it is wonderful. I am looking forward to losing weight because my knees are killing me. We have the exact same complaints and I know I need to lose WEIGHT!!!
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I actually get the injections in my knees as well. Uncomfortable, but a relief when you're in pain. You're not special, or the only one.

Nice, typical, snotty answers from skinny girls like you and your friends up there though. Automatically lash out and assume I've never looked at a weight chart, gone to Dr's myself for years, had small boned friends with your height, etc. I'm fat, not uneducated. I don't know you personally, luckily, but anyone looking at a chart will see you're thin.

Sorry, no sympathy for a girl at a "normal" weight with a crappy Dr.

Harsh? Sure...but true. I've learned not to sugarcoat. People don't do it for me. Truth.
    My answer was not snotty, nor have I had any interaction with her before. I know healthy weight range for my height is 125-169.

And by the way, I'm not skinny; I could sell you a ticket to the gun show and wave goodbye at the same time :laugh:

But, OP, feel free to add me, as I do feel your pain.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

This isn't my first rodeo on MFP. In July-October 2012, I lost about 30lbs. Then, in November 2012, I had to have left Knee Surgery. I gained it all back, plus about 11lbs. My knees are killing me. I can't get up from a sitting position to a standing position without help. I can't get on the floor with my students (I'm a teacher) and it hurts to walk for extended periods of time.

Fearing that I needed knee surgery on my right knee, I went back to my ortho surgeon. All of my x-rays and MRIs are clear. He said it was due to the fact I was "clinically morbidly obese." Those words -- ouch.

I have always been the VERY confident, sexy big girl. Even did plus size lingerie and swimsuits modeling in college....never felt self-conscious about my body - AT ALL - would dress and undress in front of my friends in college, etc...so becoming healthy is NOT a vanity thing for me - But, I HAVE to be able to walk and exercise.

I currently weigh in at 323lbs. This is the heaviest I've EVER been. I don't know what my "goal" is yet as far as numbers - but I want my knees to stop hurting when I walk.

I had a good amount of friends last year, but stopped logging, etc - and a lot of people deleted me (which is totally understandable). Trying to rebuild my support system.

Several things to think about. The morbidly obese woman cannot use "moderation" because she is almost always leptin-resistant (women produce 2 to 3 times as much leptin as do men AT THE SAME BODY FAT LEVEL :angry: ) Eating sugar and wheat just contribute to the problem and ultimately lead to insulin resistance (a very high proportion of the morbidly obese are also insulin resistant). Sugar and wheat are both addictive for the morbidly obese. An alcoholic knows that abstaining from alcohol is the wisest course. The same is true for the morbidly obese woman who wants to have a permanent victory over food. It may or may not be necessary to eliminate sugar and wheat but it sure is smart. I stopped the sugar and lost weight. I stopped the wheat and lost more. Sugar consumption has an "anti-satiety" effect that obesity researchers have begun to look at: http://www.foodaddictionsummit.org/index.htm

Pool exercise--saved me from having to have knee replacements. Lifting weights will pare the fat off and maintain your musculature. If I can do it, you can too!
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had left knee surgery on July 1st, 2011, took a long weekend off work, and went back right away.(torn meniscii, bone spurs, arthritus)
    For normal everyday work, at a reasonable weight, that would be fine, but as usual, nothing normal...

Hard work, on my knees (owiesss!) and being around um (2 years ago so..) about 255/260

So here I am, knee still hurts, but I use a stationary bike to keep my knee "tracking" good, I log my food, and I'm down to 241.

Every pound you lose, is four pounds less on your knees.

I'm fighting off right knee surgery atm, and I know exactly where you are, and where your coming from, add me if you need :)