i have a stupid question but help me

Options
what does dietary supplement ?

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Do you mean what is a dietary supplement?
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    yes :embarassed:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Some type of nutrient supplement. Anything like a vitamin, protein powder, fish oil pills, fiber pills/drinks, etc.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    A supplement to your diet.

https://www.google.co.uk
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    let me google that for you....
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    sure maybe tomorrow...?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Dietary supplements include a wide variety of both naturally-derived and artificially produced vitamins and other nutrients that could be missing in a person's diet.

They are distinguished from "drugs" or "medications" in that a dietary supplement cannot claim that it can be used to "diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent a disease or condition."

Importantly in the US, while "drugs" and "medications" MUST be approved by the Food and Drug Administration before they can go on the market, "Dietary Supplements" do not need to be pre-approved by FDA before they can enter the market

A lot of stuff from Aamalaki to Zygophyllum tridentatum is out there on the market with all sorts of supposed benefits from reducing swelling of joints to increasing metabolism to increasing sexual performance to warding off chicken pox.

Most dietary supplements are unnecessary if one has a sufficiently healthy diet and the particular nutrients in these supplements are more easily absorbed by the body when they are eaten in the foods that naturally contain them
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    "I bought some instant water one time but I didn't know what to add to it."
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    well thank you all for the help and info i just keep seeing it on alot of products