I'm new too

Options
flannan
flannan Posts: 45 Member
Hi!
Have recently gained 8-10 lbs just on my belly after being the same weight forever. Some online research tells me this is menopause- related as nothing else in my habits changed. We women are sooo lucky! lol
I want to lose this, but more importantly, I don't want 10 to turn to 20,30,etc.
I came across MFP the other day and have decided to give it a try. I've never excercised or restricted calories and I am a full timesnacker so I've got big changing to do. I've been recording for 3 days and took my first walk this morning.

Replies

• sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are so right us Women are so lucky. ;) Think of this as a life style change, and not a diet. I too was a hard core snacker, but in 30 days of using MFP that has dropped a lot. You are of to a great start. Dont forget to take meassurements because you may lose inches before fat and visa versa.

Jamie
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Welcome and if you watch your calories and i know it's hard but you can do it,and start an exercise program like walking you are going to notice the pounds coming right off.Just remember to drink plenty of water.See you took your first walk.How did it go?
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes I did my first walk, and I went out and bought a tape measure. I plan on walking again tomorrow and buying a new scale. I think I will also get a little scale for measuring food.
    Eating healthier and exercise is something I know I should have been doing all along.
    I see alot of positivity on MFP so I am going to try and look at the weight gain as a positive-- make it the thing that actually gets me to start taking care of my overall health.

It would be easier to get out and walk if it wasn't 91 degrees here though. Can anyone help with that?? ;-)