How do you stick to these programs?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I really want to order one of those X-day programs and work through them. My problem is sticking to them. I get bored pretty easily with the same workouts over and over again. For instance, I tried to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Slimdown, and I could stick with it the whole time. I had to incorporate some of my regular workouts instead. This time I'm looking at Chalean Extreme or Turbo Fire. I'm thinking I might be able to stick with these more since I love Turbo Jam.

How do you stick to your program? Do you usually modify things?

Replies

• mmmpink
    mmmpink Posts: 25
    Options
    LOOOOVE TurboFire! Definitely get it! :)

P90X and now TurboFire are the only programs I've ever stuck with long term. They both come with 12+ different workouts so you use them a lot longer before tiring of them.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I dont do the same thing everyday....I find my body gets bored and i get lazy with it, so i listen to my body, if it feels like swimming, it swims...if it feels like dancing, we just dance...if it feels like strength etc, then i go for it......
  • TeresaAnne38
    TeresaAnne38 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I change it up all the time.

I have the Wii Fit, Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum (for the Wii), A balance ball DVD, and Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred. And I inter-change them all the time. The most important thing to to keep doing something. As long as you keep your excerise up on a regular basis - the what or how you do it is far less important.

Just like eating too. Variety is important in the human diet, so change it up. Just working on making healthier choices on a regular basis.

Hope that helps :)
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! What I was pretty much asking about are these programs like P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire, etc. that you're supposed to follow for several months.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I can't really say i have stuck through anything for months, but I would imagine you just have to find a program that you find fun. Fun is different for everyone, that's why there is such a big market (well, one of the reasons). I say if it looks like something you could laugh about while you are doing it, you are more likely to stick with it. I'm doing the 30-day shred right now, I guess to gain discipline cause I really have to tell myself to do it or else. I found the YogaBootyBallet entertaining and think it's something I could do long term, looks fun to me. I haven't looked at most others, cept insanity, and that looks insane :P but kinda fun when I'm closer to my goal.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I can't really say i have stuck through anything for months, but I would imagine you just have to find a program that you find fun. Fun is different for everyone, that's why there is such a big market (well, one of the reasons). I say if it looks like something you could laugh about while you are doing it, you are more likely to stick with it. I'm doing the 30-day shred right now, I guess to gain discipline cause I really have to tell myself to do it or else. I found the YogaBootyBallet entertaining and think it's something I could do long term, looks fun to me. I haven't looked at most others, cept insanity, and that looks insane :P but kinda fun when I'm closer to my goal.
    I probably shouldn't say this, but I just put some YBB dvds up on Ebay today. :wink:

I think the sets made by Turbo Jam would be fun since I love Chalene. I'm hoping to get Chalean Extreme when I find a good price. I really want to build up my muscles/lean out, so I think that might do the trick. Maybe I can stick with it.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,732 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of Week 12 of 13 weeks of P90X. Knock on wood, but I haven't missed a single workout. I can promise you I haven't wanted to do every workout, but I'm stubborn enough that if I say I'm going to do something, I will do it, come hell or high water. I don't know if I have any great words of wisdom other than to say you have to commit to it and then just do it, even on the days you don't feel like it. It helps immensely that it's a different workout every day. Some are more enjoyable than others, so I just think about the ones I have to look forward to when I have to get through the ones I'm not particularly fond of. The feeling of satisfaction from seeing it through all the way to the end is pretty sweet.