Thanks for sharing! :) Very inspiring!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Bravo!
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! How gracious of you to share your journey :-) I wish you continued success and happiness!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Youre a star, elle. And i know too well the feeling of a prolonged plateau! Happy and healthy is way better than couch potato. Youve done amazingly well. Wanna join me for the onehunga half on 29th sept? You can do 5, 10, 16 or 21kms, and walk if you still have a bung knee.

Yes !! I will check it out - not allowed to run, but can walk at least 5km, and most probably the 10km :-)
    So any of my Auckland MFP pals - come walk with me - or even better - run with Jodi ;-)

If my knee is fixed by then you can probably count me in!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Looks great.....Keep up the awesome work....We are chasing after your greatness...
  • monteymole
    Options
    Amazing weight loss :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats so far. And thank you for sharing!

If you don't mind, I have a few questions.

What Is your current strategy - it isn't clear from your post if you are netting under your BMR or not. Could you go into that?

Also, you did a lot of blood work, what tests did you find the most useful and impactful?

Have you taken diet breaks - gone to TDEE and found your real (and not calculated TDEE) ?
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    love your positiveness! congratulations on all your hard work and sticking with it
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great result! Thanks for sharing.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You've done an EXCELLENT job!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Congrats so far. And thank you for sharing!

If you don't mind, I have a few questions.

What Is your current strategy - it isn't clear from your post if you are netting under your BMR or not. Could you go into that?

Also, you did a lot of blood work, what tests did you find the most useful and impactful?

Have you taken diet breaks - gone to TDEE and found your real (and not calculated TDEE) ?

Over a 7 day period I net - close - or slightly under 1800 calories per day......so still under my 1990 BMR.

I try to keep things reasonably stable when I introduce other changes - in this case extra vitamin D, and a supplement called DIN....
    In a couple of weeks I will try and push my net up a bit closer to BMR,....

For me the vitamin D, cortisol and hormonal tests were the big "mmmm" something is going on - I need to make some changes.....
    But I suspect it might be different for everyone depending on what comes back.

The one I do not have a clear strategy yet is why my protein absorption is so low - lots of research and discussion around that one right now.

Yes - through the past year I have had diet " breaks" - well sort of - I am always mindful of what i eat - and the calories - my friends call me the "rain man" of calorie counting

My TDEE seems pretty spot on at around 2700 - 2900
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ELLE! I am just seeing this now! You are so beautiful and it was amazing to see your before pictures here. Thank you for sharing and for being such a wonderful support. You are a true inspiration! xoxo
  • MTBBilly
    MTBBilly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1dresch
    1dresch Posts: 19
    Options
    bump to read later. Thanks for posting.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job ........ great focus ........ and glad the knee surgery worked out well for you !

:drinker:
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your inspiration. I love your story and will always keep it in mind ;)
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great Success.. thank you for sharing. Keep it up and I know it will all work out for you!
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Even though you deleted me as a friend :sad: Good job on your weight loss!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, Elle! Thanks for being such an inspiring friend to me. And I'm glad you're finding out about your special snowflake bits so you can tackle them head on! =)
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and so encouraging! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!