Swallowing a significant amount of blood, do I track that?

Options
2»

Replies

• pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You need to accurately measure the blood before you can log it.

This is true.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    we're just talking blood here, correct? you didn't bite a chunk of your tongue or inside your cheek off in the process?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Count-1.jpg
    NO \m/
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    If it's your blood don't count it. If you're consuming the blood of thine enemies, however, definitely count it. The same goes for the consumption their hearts.

Win :laugh:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Your body also expends effort replacing that blood - so you can actually claim some exercise calories as well.....
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only using the Vampire Points System from Weight Watchers/Vampire Version. MFP is sorely lacking in accommodating vampires. I can't even find True Blood in the database!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    well think of it this was the albumin in blood is kind of like the egg white so count that as your protein, now the cell you are ingesting are made up of a lipid layer so count that as your fat, along with the iron you can count that in. However, blood is low in fiber so thats one draw back. Is this liquid blood or is it chunky coagulated blood?

If you are following a low carb diet this is a great source of nutrients. If you could bleed that section of your mouth into a container you could make a nice bowl of blood pudding. Or drink it straight from the source like the Maasai people.
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If it's your blood don't count it. If you're consuming the blood of thine enemies, however, definitely count it. The same goes for the consumption their hearts.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered how to track the calories of other's blood that I am consuming? Does it matter how fat or skinny that person is? Because I tend to feed on larger individuals as they are easier for me to catch... how would I track 3 ounces, as that is what I have consumed today thus far...

While easier to catch, larger individuals tend to also be higher in fat. You don't want to consume too much of their blood because it will make you fat. On the other hand, if you drink too much blood from smaller individuals, you won't get the calories you need and will go into starvation mode. Moderation is key.
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I usually don't bother logging my blood.

If it's other people's blood I tend to log it.

Omg..hahahahaha! :D
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Only if it isn't your own. Otherwise it's just recycling

HAHAHA
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    LOL I love this!:bigsmile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered how to track the calories of other's blood that I am consuming? Does it matter how fat or skinny that person is? Because I tend to feed on larger individuals as they are easier for me to catch... how would I track 3 ounces, as that is what I have consumed today thus far...

Yes before you consume the liquid of your victims I would suggest getting you a lipid panel. Depending on what your nutritional goals are if you are eating lower calorie you probably would want to eat a victim that has blood low in triglycerides and low density lipoproteins or LDL. If they have a high HDL although higher in calorie it gives you some great healthy fats to your diet.

Great question.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only if it isn't your own. Otherwise it's just recycling

Ha!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Blood is processed, so you shouldn't eat it.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Blood is processed, so you shouldn't eat it.
    I thought it'd be paleo, so you should eat it.