Exercise at home

Options
Does anyone have any good exercise tips/plans they do at home?

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love doing Wii just dance of the Xbox Kinect dance. There are also a ton of videos on youtube. Sometimes I will type in 30 minute _______ workout and see what comes up. I love zumba.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I use my husband's xbox kinect. I have the following:

Your Shape: FE 2012
    EA Sports Active 2.0
    Dance Central 2

My husband is also thinking about buying a weight bench. Which I will use if he decides to buy it.
  • ReniaL
    ReniaL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use the 30 day shred DVD - I am hooked on it !
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Youtube videos--for things I am not sure I want to buy or just want to try. Jillian Michael's anything DVDs
  • wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bought a Biggest Loser video and love it!!
  • grandma0561
    grandma0561 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansones walk at home dvd's work well for me. You can walk 1 mile in 15 mins or continue and walk 2,3,4,or 5 miles if you like.
  • srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity at home - I also belong to an online accountability group to help keep me motivated and supported. There is another group starting up in May if you are interested let me know.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy doing. I always hated exercise . .... I signed up for Netflix (by mail) and got a new workout DVD every week. Now I have a core group of exercise videos that I enjoy doing.

Your local library will have videos too.

For cardio I like Leslie Sansone Walk at Home .... the "Walk" in the title is just a way of saying different moves but, no choreography (I have 2 left feet). Examples ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related Walk n Tone EX TV
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsfbneFQ_8&feature=related

For strength training I like Kelly Coffey Meyer ...... http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-start-here-6097

The video above has a little of everything.
  • kelsiekae
    kelsiekae Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm doing TurboFire at home and I love it! It's the only at-home workout I've found that I look forward to doing :)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Yes....russian kettlebell swing with RKC instructor Tracy Reifkind. I use her Give and take DVD but really, once you know it you can go it without a DVD. It is such a huge calorie burner and strength training all in one.....It will rock your socks off!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My favorite videos' in order:

1. Body Beast (using it to cut, not bulk)
    2. P90X2
    3. Chalean Extreme
    4. Les Mills Combat
    5. P90X
    6. Tapout XT
    7. Insanity

The best tip, do a program that involves heavy weight training. While endurance training is nice, I see much better results with programs that limit reps and increase weight.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I really like Jillian Micheal's kickbox fastfix.
  • laurelboynton
    laurelboynton Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of workout dvds.. They are cheaper than a gym subscription and there is no worry about feeling self conscious in front of others..

I usually buy a new dvd every 1/2 months as you can get bored of the same stuff. I have about 7 dvds, which I try to rotate to get different workouts.

I have pilates, dance, aerobics, interval, fat burning dvds and general toning ones.

There is also loads of clips on youtube. POP pilates have some good clips on there. Try them for toning legs and hips etc..

I usually do a workout 3/4 times a week.

:)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i d o workout videos from you tube and on demand
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender on youtube (or fitnessblender.com) its free and has a tonnn of different kind of videos.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I just need to burn <100 Calories to make my numbers for the day come out right, I'll pace up and down through the house. Kind of like a treadmill - without.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of workouts on the health & fitness section on pinterest. Haha. It's a lot of push up/squat/etc. routines. I don't have the attention span for workout videos or anything like that.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I just entered my 12th week of DDP Yoga. It's been a life saver (only a mild exaggeration here).
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a weighted hula hoop and hula whilst watching tv when I'm in x
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels workout DVDs! I have a couple others as well, but I keep coming back to hers. The only equipment I have is a set of handweights, a yoga mat, and a resistance band.