Looking for a 40 Something Weight Loss Buddy

Options
2»

Replies

• lug12679
    lug12679 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also 43 and looking to loose 35-45lbs as well. I joined last week Tuesday meaning my week will be tomorrow, I am looking forward to seeing the numbers on the scale. I have been doing lots of cardio, and strength training hoping this will help with my weight loss.

I rush out of work at 4pm head to the gym for about an hour or two, then rush to pick up my daughter at school, rush home help with homework, cook dinner, eat dinner, pack lunches, clean up kitchen, get clothes ready for the next day when I look at the time its about 11:00pm to get up at 5am and do it all over again.

You can do this, or we can support one another.
  • MamaWo
    MamaWo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have 60 lbs to lose. I am looking for weight loss buddies also so feel free to add me! :smile:
  • divaford140
    divaford140 Posts: 2,511 Member
    Options
    Hey Fabulous 40 Something Buddies! So glad to know you're out there! Definitely add me! No fabulous 40 something buddy is turned away - lolol! I have 60 more pounds to lose!
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and need to lose 30lbs. I joined mfp last fall and saw a small measure of success, but then the holidays came! I gained back what little I lost, plus a few more! Waaaaa! I've determined that I have to get serious about this, and I would love to have some Weight Loss Buddies. Please feel free to add me!
  • Cappie356
    Cappie356 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the same journey, feel free to add me:happy:
  • Cappie356
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • Cappie356
    Options
    LOL You have a lot going on so give yourself a break :-) You are here and that's a great thing. I think if you can find time to start doing one small thing towards your goal you'll feel better. Say walking for 15 min each day for a week. Each day that's a small victory. Then work up to 20 and then 30 minutes. Once you feel better about all those goals met...start working on the next goal and include watching the calorie intake. I wish you all the best :flowerforyou:
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years old, I don't have as much to still loose but have already lost 70 and always looking for new friends who have the same interests and goals.

Feel free to add me
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 40 yrs old and I have anywhere between 40-60 more I would like to lose.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 this summer and always looking for more healthy conscious friends! Any of you are welcome to add me....I would like to add a bunch of you! No such things as "too much motivation!"
  • laurap7272
    Options
    I'm 40 and I've lost 60 pounds so far. I started in July. I have about 15-20 more to go and getting toward the end the pounds are more stubborn coming off so I could use a pep talk occasionally as well. You can add me if you want :-)
  • 4mefab50
    4mefab50 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started working on my 1st 50 lbs to lose before I turn 50 in 6 months. Add me, I need help and support and friends :)
  • SheboMac
    SheboMac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    40 with about 40 to lose. You can add me.
  • trishtrish1
    trishtrish1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    43 - and 135 to lose.

Would love to be added! :)

I stress eat and would love to meet others who stress eat! :) Maybe give some encouraging words when needed. :)

Trish
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm not a perfect match for that, but please add me to your FL. I'm pretty active trying to support and encourage peeps.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello Have 50 left too lose. I'm 48 Peace and feel free to add me.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like - those of us who have gotten "much better with age" have certain challenges. I'm having some success but sure would like to see the 130s again...someday...
  • DhiaUK
    DhiaUK Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and almost midway through my journey. Started off in January with 38.5lbs to lose and have 23lbs left to go to reach the high end of a healthy BMI.

I'm on here every day to keep me on the straight and narrow. For some reason it seems much more difficult to lose weight this time round - the challenges of age methinks.

Feel free to add me anyone! Looking to support and be supported.
  • Butterfly_emerging
    Options
    I'm almost 40? I have about 150 lbs. to lose and I'm just getting going. I have lost a bit so far but not quitting til I get there. I log in everyday and love to have new friends who are serious about being here and making their lives better and healthier! Feel free to add me if that's you!

Love and light,

Katy