HELP!!! - Breakfast (or lack thereof) is killing me.

Options

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    This didnt work for me. The weight gain I had when doing this was about 130%. Not sure if the 6 pancakes I had with it had an effect on it or not? Should it be just 2 eggs? What about sausage or bacon?
    I would eat the eggs, then wait half an hour before I eat the pancakes, bacon and sausage. That way you don't mess with the effect of the eggs.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Brah if you're not already up at 4am and halfway through your crossfit session followed by a paleo friendly recovery shake then you're going about this ALL WRONG.

Studies show that a non paleo breakfast can reduce lean body mass, slow down glycogen replenishment, and kill your dog.

This is not a valid comparison. Dogs aren't people. Dog's HAVE to eat paleo, they're animals.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    This didnt work for me. The weight gain I had when doing this was about 130%. Not sure if the 6 pancakes I had with it had an effect on it or not? Should it be just 2 eggs? What about sausage or bacon?
    I would eat the eggs, then wait half an hour before I eat the pancakes, bacon and sausage. That way you don't mess with the effect of the eggs.

Wow, i never tried that. Its like waiting 30 minutes after eating before you go swimming. That makes total sense! Thank you SO MUCH! :flowerforyou:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I can tell when I'm actively losing weight because I'm actually hungry for breakfast. I havent been hungry for breakfast in awhile because I've let my meals slide and the sizes increase and guess what the scale is showing it.

Although not a miracle it lets me know I'm on the right track.
  • maggiet63
    maggiet63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    jack you just need to kick start your metabolism - if you find it hard for time grab a banana and this will give you the kick start you need and save the calories for the rest of the day. Simple but effective. You will find in time your body will get use to getting that kick start and add a slice of wholemeal toast or maybe two . when you have time at the week end - try porridge. 40g made with water is about 150 cal and 200mls of milk is about 100 and it will set you up for the day and keep your blood sugar low. Hope this helps x
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    is this in the chit-chat category?
    everything you read/hear about weight loss is relative to your own weight-loss goals. Just because that works for one friend, doesn't mean that it will/won't work for you. It's not gospel. Eat when you're hungry. Eat protein when you're hungry. Skip sugary things in the morning. work out or don't work out first thing. Sleep, more of it.

eat eggs. they are good n' tasty. keep it simple.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Eating two eggs first thing in the morning will increase your weight loss by 60 %. You should try it.
    Just the whites? I heard the yolks make you fat and increase your cholesterol.

Ok, now I smell a troll. LOL.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Brah if you're not already up at 4am and halfway through your crossfit session followed by a paleo friendly recovery shake then you're going about this ALL WRONG.

Studies show that a non paleo breakfast can reduce lean body mass, slow down glycogen replenishment, and kill your dog.

This is not a valid comparison. Dogs aren't people. Dog's HAVE to eat paleo, they're animals.

Hey if a dog wants to eat vegan who are you to say they have to eat paleo...what are you some kind of pinko commie?
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Eating two eggs first thing in the morning will increase your weight loss by 60 %. You should try it.

If you were eating like 10 eggs a day all the time I would think it might increase that. Where did you hear eggs make you fat.

Also, I have heard that eating something spicy with eggs can counter act the cholesterol (Tabasco or salsa on the eggs). But that was from a friend who said he heard it from nutritionist, so i have no idea if it is true. If you are concerned about the cholesterol eat the egg whites. Or do a mix of egg whole and egg white.
  • RheeaBYG
    RheeaBYG Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast too which in return would make me hungry at night. This is a habit i am trying to break.I wanna eat a good breakfast in the morning . One of my goals is to have dinner around 6 pm and if i do get hungry later, eat a healthy snack(fruits) and walk or do some light exercise after.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Wow, i never tried that. Its like waiting 30 minutes after eating before you go swimming. That makes total sense! Thank you SO MUCH! :flowerforyou:
    You're very welcome! That's why I am here, to support and motivate people! Good luck on your journey!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    OK, So here's my problem. I don't really eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry so I choose to eat those calories later in the day instead.........well today a friend pointed out to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day........how it doesn't matter as much when you eat it but that you have 3 defined meals. I am now very concerned. I am afraid I am wrecking my body by not eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is supposed to give my body energy and boost my metabolism.......and also that I should eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolic fire burning. What you you guys think? Help me out here. Should I be setting an alarm for 4 AM to get some food down the hatch?

Every word of it is true, and we're currently developing a time machine so we can go back in time and warn all the Homo erectuses that they need to do this too, or their metabolisms will stop burning and Homo sapiens will never evolve.

The time machine is coming along nicely, a bigger problem that's causing a slight hiatus is how the heck we explain the concept of "every 3-4 hours" to a Homo erectus.
  • Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    Body doesnt know/care what time of the day you eat. Eat all your calories first thing in the morning or right before you go to sleep.. doesnt matter as long as you dont exceed your daily calorie limit. But ofcourse its better to spread your calories throughout the day. Because you need constant energy. Especially if your job requires physical activity. Im not a breakfast person either. I usually eat breakfast at 2 pm.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For me, eating breakfast just starts the hunger cycle, so I do not eat until I'm hungry...which is usually lunch-time.
    When I eat breakfast, I'm usually starving by lunch time and tend to be more likely to overeat.
    That said, I find it much easier to stay within my calorie budget by skipping breakfast most days.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I like the purple shirt but prefer pink, it's slimming due to the rules of the color wheel.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    jack you just need to kick start your metabolism - if you find it hard for time grab a banana and this will give you the kick start you need and save the calories for the rest of the day. Simple but effective. You will find in time your body will get use to getting that kick start and add a slice of wholemeal toast or maybe two . when you have time at the week end - try porridge. 40g made with water is about 150 cal and 200mls of milk is about 100 and it will set you up for the day and keep your blood sugar low. Hope this helps x

This is an excellent suggestion OP. What may be simpler and more effective perhaps is a large dose of amphetamines. This will give the boost your metabolism needs without all those pesky calories.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like the purple shirt but prefer pink, it's slimming due to the rules of the color wheel.

Are you saying the purple makes me look fat? How is this relevant to the topic of eating breakfast?
  • Lola_Rogers
    Options

Ok, now I smell a troll. LOL.

You probably mean whites nd its only because eggs keep you full longer than some other foods and you eat less so you lose weight. It can be any food that works for you. Celery has the same effect. Cottage cheese as well.
    Chocolate keeps me full. I eat chocolate fudge icecream (100 cal) as breakfast and go without food till dinner sometimes:) im not saying this is healthy tho.!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Are you saying the purple makes me look fat? How is this relevant to the topic of eating breakfast?

Actually, there are studies that prove purple dyes from clothing will absorb into the skin and make people fat. You're better off with pink.
  • Lola_Rogers
    Options
    For me, eating breakfast just starts the hunger cycle, so I do not eat until I'm hungry...which is usually lunch-time.
    When I eat breakfast, I'm usually starving by lunch time and tend to be more likely to overeat.
    That said, I find it much easier to stay within my calorie budget by skipping breakfast most days.

Exactly same here! Early breakfast just sends a signal to stomach "theres more food coming" if you just wait for like 30 minutes, hunger goes away by itself.