lost motivation :(

Hey all im on a mission to rid myself of 2 stone, not much, but it will make a massive difference to me . Only problem I have is im 20lB in and I've lost all drive, I've gone back to snacking and sitting my *kitten* on the sofa when I get home .. How can I get past this mental block :(

Replies

• brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Only u can do it. U won't feel better by pigging out and sitting down on your butt... Don't waste all your hard work. Weight creeps back up a lot quicker than it took to come off!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    I am so sorry you are having a setback. Get up, and take a walk. Even if it is just to the corner and back. Get outsidde and take 3 deep breaths of fresh air. It will help and you can repeat as many times as you like.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Motivation and willpower all come from within. That being said, I check here often during the day to see what my friends are up to and what great suggestions they have. It seems to keep me moving down the right track. I reached my weight goal this past week but still have many other goals in fitness to obtain and by staying here, I know I will.

Feel free to friend me if you think that will help
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    You only have 8 pounds to go assuming you typed 20 pounds (14 pounds in a stone for those in the US).

Don't buy the snacks or have too much food available.

Plan your meals.

If you have to snack, make it fruit and eating smaller fmore frequent meals might be better. The number of meals does not matter but can make some people filler fuller for longer.

I started at 26.5 stone so I knew it was going to take a long time. I had to keep motivated as mcuh as possible and now after two years I have lost 14.5 stone.
  • mossy3
    mossy3 Posts: 6
    got home after work today ... still had no drive to do anything, but after putting my boy to bed at 7pm, kissed the wife and I got my bike out, did 5 miles in the end ( 211 cals burnt ) as it was getting dark and I don't have lights ( tut tut ) .. felt good after the ride and have got some mojo back. and long may it continue to come back and stay strong

will keep updated as mojo returns and how my goal hunting is coming on :D

happy dan
  • mossy3
    mossy3 Posts: 6
    Motivation is not fully back :/ but some has returned and I now had a bit of bounce back, I've lost 1/2 pound this week so getting there :D
  • PrimalSiren
    PrimalSiren Posts: 144
    Hey all im on a mission to rid myself of 2 stone, not much, but it will make a massive difference to me . Only problem I have is im 20lB in and I've lost all drive, I've gone back to snacking and sitting my *kitten* on the sofa when I get home .. How can I get past this mental block :(

I did this a lot before I finally decided to stick to a diet that worked. The best way to keep me motivated was to put pictures of the body I wanted all over the place, then on the fridge I put a picture of me at my heaviest. I'm sure some of my friends wondered about me haha, but it really did help me a lot.