Can you exercise too much?

Options
So for a little while I will be doing a kettlebell workout Monday mornings, walking to/from work (30 min either way) and doing a 1 hour kickboxing class in the evenings. I'm not looking to lose any more weight. I'm happy with my weight and I'm getting there on my toning (according to the Fat 2 Fit Ratio I'm at 21.5% BF). I'll be doing kickboxing Tue/Thur/Sat as well and another kettlebell on Wed mornings. I like working out, but I'm wondering if you can workout too much or maybe I should add some more food in to make sure I don't lose weight?

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    As long as your nutrition and rest is on point you will be fine.

Sounds like you have two rest days a week.

That's plenty.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    So for a little while I will be doing a kettlebell workout Monday mornings, walking to/from work (30 min either way) and doing a 1 hour kickboxing class in the evenings. I'm not looking to lose any more weight. I'm happy with my weight and I'm getting there on my toning (according to the Fat 2 Fit Ratio I'm at 21.5% BF). I'll be doing kickboxing Tue/Thur/Sat as well and another kettlebell on Wed mornings. I like working out, but I'm wondering if you can workout too much or maybe I should add some more food in to make sure I don't lose weight?

If you're satisfied with your current weight and you aren't trying to bulk or cut then I'd increase calorie intake until your weight stabilizes.

EDIT: More clearly, if you are increasing your calorie expenditure by adding activity you would want to add calories to offset it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    As long as your nutrition and rest is on point you will be fine.

Sounds like you have two rest days a week.

That's plenty.

I'm his wing-man....carry on.
  • Zumbanator
    Options
    I've read that the benefits of exercise are outweighed by the stress on your body after 4000 calories per week (Mark's Daily Apple). Probably a little more for some, a little less for others. If you feel pretty good and are not getting colds or injuries, then you're doing ok.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Your body will let you know if it's too much. Also, maybe plan on taking a rest day or maybe a week where you take it easy every so often. It also might not hurt to change up your workouts, keeping up a good variety allows your muscles to work in all kinds of ways.