Little big success

Options
Galathea
Galathea Posts: 420 Member
It's the first time I'm posting something in this area, but I just wanted to share.

Today was one of those days you wish you could have every single day in your life, just because everything was almost perfect. (I don't believe in complete perfection and don't even aim for it, but well ... almost perfect is good enough to me).
I joined MFP almost six weeks ago, found some great friends, lots of support and knowledge. I'm constantl.y losing weight and of course it makes me happy to see how my body changes (slowly but in an healthy way). I had my little successes already ... the smaller face, the clothes fitting a bit more loose.
But today I went shopping with my mom ... clothes shopping, boy do I HATE it!!! So I went into a store, were looking around and this woman came over to me with a friendly smile and the typical question if she could help me. I told her I needed some new pants. She took a look at me, smiled and said: "46, right?"
Well, actually I wanted to tell her I usually wear a 48- But instead I told her I lost some pounds lately and wasn't very sure about my current size. So she handed me some pants (really cute ones) ina 46, I tried them on and ... oh miracle ... THEY WERE SUITABLE, even better ... they weren't even tight.
Comfort sizing I told myself. But they are from different companies, totally different cuts and still they are almost perfect on my body. And then I realized it, right there in the fitting room ... OMG I DROPPED A SIZE!
This might means nothing to anybody else, but it means a lot to me. This thing is working, I'm getting healthier, look better and - most important - FEEL BETTER in my own body. And this is what makes this little success to a big one for me.
Later that day my mom took me to the side and said: "Hey, you know, people tell me you're losing weight. They notice." And - I don't wanna look like a bad person - but it made me so proud of myself, I felt like floating for a moment.
Funny though, to hear something like this, to see that I dropped a size, to notice all the little changes - it's such a big boost for my motivation. I can't even wait to drop another size, to see how far I can go on this journey and - hopefully- reach my goal weight one day. It's been a long time since I felt so good about myself.

Just thought I share... :blushing:

And don't forget, if I can do it, everybody of you can do it too. The little successes will add up and become a big success sooner or later. Just keep it up!

Replies

• 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! And you have every right to feel good about every success, big or small! They are stepping stones to the next one! Keep it up, you are obviously doing great!
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    WOW that is awesome. Your pride and excitement brought tears to my eyes. Keep up the great work. Always remember that slow and steady wins the race most ofter.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    bumping for coolness.
  • sfcreative
    Options
    aaww congrats!!
  • rosylove
    rosylove Posts: 14
    Options
    you are an inspiration to me, be proud of yourself, by posting this keep in mind your story is no different from a lot of people, you're helping others.

I love yoou girl!!!!! keep it up.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! I'm in that crazy in between size right now...sigh...maybe next month.
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    Great job! It is fantastic that you know how to be grateful for the little sucesses. Don't be ashamed! Be proud! Tell EVERYONE you know that you lost a size! Celebrate this and own it. It sounds like you deserved it. :flowerforyou: Go you!
  • debhue75
    debhue75 Posts: 21
    Options
    Awesome! It's so great when you can see the changes your hard work reflects. When the recognition comes from others it's even more gratifying!

I wish you continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Nothing wrong with feeling proud of yourself and its only going to get better...keep it up you're going to feel even more awesome when those 46's start falling off your hips and you have to keep pulling them up or buy a belt. I've learned to only buy things tight haha since I'm losing I want to get my money's worth before I'm in my next size.
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    Congrats, I think it good when we all take a step back and look at what we are doing. That is so awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!