New to the site....

Options
Hello! My name is Kerry, I am 31 and from Missouri. I am about to embark on a journey that will change my life forever. I need to lose about 150 lbs and that journey starts today. I would love to find an email buddy for support. I hope to chat with y'all soon :) God bless and have a great day!!

Replies

• MARY1844
    MARY1844 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new to this site as well, since last week. I would like to encourage you on this journey and sincerely hope you are not trying to do this alone. You will need a support group and while an online community is good I would recommend something where you actually meet with others who are trying to lose weight. I am in a First Place for Health program that focuses on putting God first in ALL things, including our eating habits. We meet weekly for Bible Study, discussion, encouragement and support. Most of these groups are started in a church setting. If you cannot find one close to you then I recommend Weight Watchers. There may also be another group that is local that you may know of.

When you feel like you're going to give into temptation please remember to say a prayer. And don't beat yourself up. No one is going do all things right all the time. And be sure to start an exercise program even if its only a short walk each day.

I hope I haven't "overloaded" you but I know you will feel so much better in every way and when you begin to see the weight come off you can't imagine how good it feels.

In Christ.

Mary1844
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    welcome ur gonna love it here!!!
  • ReeReeTug
    ReeReeTug Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and friend requests :) I am so excited to reclaim my life!