Newbie saying Hello

Options
Hi everyone, I've been using the iPhone app to help me keep track of my calorie intake and also to help with my personal battle of the bulge. I started using the app last may and aimed for a weight loss of a pound a week. I thought that this would be sustainable. Anyway so far I have lost 11pounds which I am very happy with. My only problem is that no one has commented on my weight loss! I was (and still am) very heavy I now weigh 251 pounds i am over 6 foot. I "carry" my weight well I've be told. I have a good way to go but it would be nice for some one to say "hey have you lost weight?". I'm a bloke and this stuff isn't supposed to matter but I now find that it does! My goal initially was to lose weight for my little sister's wedding in November. She is the youngest of 6 kids. I'm the 2nd youngest and soon to be the only singleton in my family. Again not supposed to matter to me as a man but it really does. So I decided to try this and get myself into some sort of shape. So at the moment it's So far so good. That's it so now so Good luck to all the newbies and not so newbies.

Replies

• lilbitofber
    Options
    Good luck! I have lost 11 lbs in last 2 months but no one has mentioned it. SO I just keep quiet and figure as long as I know the progress thats all that matter! I really thought people would notice since I was wearing jeans that stopped fittin me 6 month ago but I know!
  • bkduggins
    bkduggins Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, have you lost weight? :)

I know what you mean. It is nice to hear people comment on your success. Just keep going and before you know it, you will get that comment in person! Keep at it.

I'm a newbie too. Just started on this site a week ago and am about the same weight as you. I however am very short so I don't carry it well. I will be so glad to lose some of it! :happy:
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Heehee, don't think nobody is noticing, they just don't tell you, little meanies! LOL I have the same prob, I know I lost weight, I know they can see it, but instead of telling me they tell my mother. LMAO If she wouldn't have told me today, I would have never believed it.
    But sooner or later they will comment on it. Just keep it going and stay focused. You're doing this for yourself, not for others. Their comments are just a bonus. And you will get it.