I'm a newbie!

Options
Hello!

This is my 2nd go round of joining My Fitness pal. The first time around I didn't even get out of the gate. This time I am determined that I can do this but I know I need LOTS of motivation and inspiration! A little history about myself....I like most people have had issues with my weight for most of my life. I have lost weight at times only to gain it all back plus. I am now Type 2 diabetic and HATE being on all of the medications that I am on. I have always felt that I try to eat healthy but I know there are days I don't eat the right things and other days I do. It is a continuous up and down roller coaster of life. My goal is to lose at least 80 lbs...my doctor has told me she will most likely take me off all of my medications if I do so that's one BIG inspiration! My kids and husband have always told me that I don't eat that much food....so maybe I'm not eating enough.....or a slow metabolism.....or whatever the issue is I know I need to start moving and losing! For the last two years I have had very little exercise as I have been working on getting my Associate's Degree and most of my time has been spent sitting behind a computer doing homework. I am looking for new friends to help me in this new journey! I'm 51 years old and ready to start living again! If you'd like to share this journey with me and vice versa I would love to hear from you! :smile:

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK. Feel free to add me if you want.

I had a brief brush with diabetes too, and it's definitely a great motivator. Remember: you can do it! :)
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. If you stay within the ranges for calories, you will see results. The best part is feeling your health improve. I find it's good to know that you will be feeling a bit of hunger for the first couple weeks but after that, your stomach gets used to it. Once you get past that point, things fall into place. That was my experience anyway. I found healthy snacks between meals helped a lot. (fruit, low-fat yogourt etc). After quitting smoking and drinking, I learned that you can't rely on anyone else to change you but you. All success or failure will be up to you. Once you have the determination, you will me amazed at what you can do. You can do it!