HELP!!! - Breakfast (or lack thereof) is killing me.

Options

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    First..are you sure this is your only problem??? cause what I see is that you actually let your friends see your diary, and to me THAT is the problem... :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    First..are you sure this is your only problem??? cause what I see is that you actually let your friends see your diary, and to me THAT is the problem... :laugh:

I am not trying to analyze everything today......Ain't nobody got time for that......Just trying to address the immediate Breakfast issue for today.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I like the purple shirt but prefer pink, it's slimming due to the rules of the color wheel.

Are you saying the purple makes me look fat? How is this relevant to the topic of eating breakfast?

Can we please stop the outfit shaming on this site?
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

I am not trying to analyze everything today......Ain't nobody got time for that......Just trying to address the immediate Breakfast issue for today.

stop answering my non-serious reply to your non-seriously question, seriously...no seriously!!! :noway:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Absolutely everybody eats breakfast, a.k.a. "breaking the fast". It does not mean "meal early in the morning" like some people seem to think.

And it doesn't matter what time you break the fast.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    "Early eaters" seem to lose more weight than "late eaters"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23357955
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    "Early eaters" seem to lose more weight than "late eaters"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23357955

Dude that's a joke. It was posted April 2013 and says "in a sample of 420 individuals". It's just a joke study.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    How about this one? Weight inversely proportional to breakfast quality.... This is science man. science doesn't lie.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22072337
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Or this one..... Meal frequency more frequent in fit individuals...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22027056
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11836452

Obes Res. 2002 Feb;10(2):78-82.
    Long-term weight loss and breakfast in subjects in the National Weight Control Registry.
    Wyatt HR, Grunwald GK, Mosca CL, Klem ML, Wing RR, Hill JO.
    Source
    University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA. holly.wyatt@uchsc.edu
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE:
    To examine breakfast consumption in subjects maintaining a weight loss in the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR).
    RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURES:
    A cross-sectional study in which 2959 subjects in the NWCR completed demographic and weight history questionnaires as well as questions about their current breakfast consumption. All subjects had maintained a weight loss of at least 13.6 kg (30 lb) for at least 1 year; on average these subjects had lost 32 kg and kept it off for 6 years.
    RESULTS:
    A large proportion of NWCR subjects (2313 or 78%) reported regularly eating breakfast every day of the week. Only 114 subjects (4%) reported never eating breakfast. There was no difference in reported energy intake between breakfast eaters and non-eaters, but breakfast eaters reported slightly more physical activity than non-breakfast eaters (p = 0.05).
    DISCUSSION:
    Eating breakfast is a characteristic common to successful weight loss maintainers and may be a factor in their success
  • NBSfit
    NBSfit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My answer is to always eat food. First breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper, late night snack. Some food even comes in pints.

The gods craeted boiling water so that there will always be hard boiled eggs available at any time. No need to wake up at 4AM to make breakfast when you cooked it a couple of days before.

Eat the damn food.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Eating two eggs first thing in the morning will increase your weight loss by 60 %. You should try it.

This only works if you add oil to it and swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes, 1/2 cup of oil is about right.

Or, you could use melted butter for a nice hollandaise sauce, which may be more appropriate. We are talking about breakfast, after all.
  • fisers
    fisers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    eat breakfast, each morning I have 1 cup multigrain cherrios with 1/2 cup skim. its yummy and needs no sugar. it gets my day started and my metabolism going, plus as its low in calories leaves me with more to enjoy at dinner. DONT skip it any more, its easy to get hungry at lunch and mess up, its not worth it, its just that important.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    OK, So here's my problem. I don't really eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry so I choose to eat those calories later in the day instead.........well today a friend pointed out to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day........how it doesn't matter as much when you eat it but that you have 3 defined meals. I am now very concerned. I am afraid I am wrecking my body by not eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is supposed to give my body energy and boost my metabolism.......and also that I should eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolic fire burning. What you you guys think? Help me out here. Should I be setting an alarm for 4 AM to get some food down the hatch?

Unless your doctor has advised you to eat at regular intervals for a medical condition, politely tell your friend thanks for the advice and keep doing what you've been doing. There are millions of healthy fit people who do not eat breakfast.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    OK, So here's my problem. I don't really eat breakfast. I'm just not hungry so I choose to eat those calories later in the day instead.........well today a friend pointed out to me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day........how it doesn't matter as much when you eat it but that you have 3 defined meals. I am now very concerned. I am afraid I am wrecking my body by not eating breakfast. Eating breakfast is supposed to give my body energy and boost my metabolism.......and also that I should eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolic fire burning. What you you guys think? Help me out here. Should I be setting an alarm for 4 AM to get some food down the hatch?

I don't really buy into the whole 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day'. Sounds suspiciously like a campaign slogan that was dreamed up by a cereal company lol. But if you're concerned there are some quick light options - hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, banana or other fruits, peanut butter on a slice of bread, protein shake, or just the standard eggs and bacon.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    My brother's cousin's friends neighbour told me the other day that if men don't eat breakfast for 3 consecutive days in a row they lose 37.5% of their muscle mass. Are you sure you want to risk it?
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. If you're not, don't. But, do make sure you're hydrated sufficiently. We're all wired differently and what works for some, or even most, may not work for another.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You know what keeps killing me? Dead souls.
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nice analogy! That might help people understand why the small meals several times a day.

To the main question- what he said!
  • JKayLaw
    JKayLaw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here's a great one.... take a mason jar. On the weekend fill up 5 for each weekday morning. Fill 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, some type of dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, etc.) and some slided almonds. If you choose add a little brown sugar. In the morning, grab your jar of dry ingredients and take it to work. with hot water from the coffee machine fill it just above the oats. Put the lid on tighlty and let sit for 10 minutes. Pop, the top will pop and you have some wholesome oatmeal ready to go. :)