Weekends are a no, no!

Options
HELP!

I have been on a great diet plan, exercising, counting calories and seem to have great will power during the week. However, on the weekend its a completely different story. I feel like I have no will power what so ever. Does anyone have this same problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?? I feel like I work my butt off all week and ruin it on the weekend. Any suggestions to help me with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Replies

• decrecm
    decrecm Posts: 14
    Options
    Ugh I have the same issues. Gong out to dinner with friends.. and everyone orders burgers and fries and 600 calorie margaritas. I am trying really hard to start ordering healthier and making sure I go to the gym early Saturday and Sunday mornings but it really is hard to stay away from all the temptations.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    same area i fail in hah so if you find out how to stay on track let me know!!!! lol i just want beer specially if its warm out and theirs a grill by my side
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is totally my problem too! I'm not sure why weekends give me an excuse to stop being OP. I keep trying to track every bite even if I am not eating well so when Monday rolls around again I can look back for motivation not to do that again. However, I have not been that successful with this either. I think that is why my WLJ has taken so long. Good Luck and let me know if you find anything that works for you.
  • linebobine
    Options
    I completely know where you are coming from. I am the same. I am so regimented and good during the week and somehow it all falls apart during the weekends. I don't have any amazing advice (but will watch other folks' reply on here closely :) - I have seen one trend for me, at least, though - if I don't eat my usual high protein/high fiber breakfast during the weekend, I find myself snacking on anything & everything the whole day instead. And without breakfast, I am also much more likely to want something terribly unhealthy for lunch and/or dinner instead.
  • jacquelinaaa706
    jacquelinaaa706 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, glad to know I'm not alone in kicking myself in the butt on Mondays! I'm sure we will get through this but the weekends are making it such a slower process....AHHH :explode: I frustrate myself sometimes lol!
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to drink I add it to my diary in the morning so that I can work my day around it. Do a good workout on a friday and if going out to eat, try and make better choices or watch your portion. Weekends get me too lol x
  • katiemostad
    Options
    Oh god, I have this EXACT same problem! I'll be on this perfect running schedule during the week, and BAM the weekend hits and I turn into a lazy slob who only wants to eat crap.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Same problem, and then I feel gross on Monday's (today I feel like I'm dying).
  • feelbetternaked
    Options
    That is a very common occurance. As you can see from the other posts. All I can suggest is trying to keep your routine into the weekend. (eating at the same time, the same way) With that being said be sure you get out and experience life. You have to have a "cheat" day in your plan or you will go crazy. Stress has been proven to be a cause of poor results in a fitness plan, so do your best to not let that happen. So once a week give into that sinful pleasure (just don't go overboard)
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do t have that problem on the weekends, I used to, but ended up feeling like crap and guilty the following days.
    It's been really hard, but every single time I want something unhealthy, I remind myself that I want to get a better body by summer and that it won't happen if I eat/drink that.

I find the hardest part is when I order healthy or something small, and friends or family judge it and make comments and try to pressure me into eating something unhealthy. But I keep in mind that in a couple months, I will be extremely proud of what I accomplished. :)
  • jacquelinaaa706
    jacquelinaaa706 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Yeah my weekends are a completely different story from during the week too. I feel like it's different reasons than yours though.
  • iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same and always slip up at weekends, but I have now changed my weigh-day to a monday which helps a bit, as I want to be good so that I see a loss on the monday morning!
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can go crazy two nights a week as long as your weekly average is low [i.e. ~1500kcal].

I eat 1200 kcal a day net apart from two nights a week when I'm wildly over. But I still lose weight because my weekly average is low.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm so bad on the weekends i forget to log into MFP. So I am right there with you. To me a couple of days won't kill me but i have noticed i go three steps forward two steps back, so i need to work on this as well. I've found starting my weeks on Sundays is helping a lot. I've just got into the swing of doing cardio 4-5 times a week and if i start on a sunday at least the week wasn't a total waste.
  • toridehaven
    Options
    I have the same problem! I almost dread weekends now because of this. Every Monday seems to be a start over day. Kinda sick of it!
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    Same here and how hard to try to fix it every weekend is the same story after doing great all week and the story repeats , your not alone
  • HawkeyeLite
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too, because I eat at odd times or eat out or drink out more.

I try to keep myself honest by doing two official weigh-ins - Friday and Monday mornings. That way, I weigh in on Friday morning and I feel good about my loss going into the weekend, and all weekend I think - I gotta keep doing well if I'm going to be a success on the scale Monday morning too!

I also try working out first thing on the weekends, so that way I feel good all day about what I've done so far and then I don't want to mess that up either!

As for the actual eating part, I do try to eat a late-ish breakfast. On weekdays I eat at 8 am, and on weekends I try to eat around 10 if I can hold out that long. That helps me too because I feel like I stay up later on weekends and if I eat an early breakfast I feel like I either snack all day or eat a fourth meal!!

Also with eating - if I know I'm going out to eat with a friend, I try to plan ahead. I try to go in knowing what I'm going to order, and if it's not the healthiest thing, then how many calories it is - so I can try to work around it.

It does suck so hard - but you can't be good for five days and then ruin it all on the weekend!! Good luck!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    What I've been doing is make healthy plans instead. On saturdays my son has karate and then we go to the park and have a picnic. For dinner I have something fun to eat and go over my cals but not by too much. Then on sunday I have a planed activity that burns lots of cals. This sunday we went hiking and I burned at least 1000 cals. I think it's best to plan your weekends that way you know that on monday your not going to regret anything.
  • MsDaraElaina
    MsDaraElaina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're def not alone with this dilemma!!! I have a HUGE problem with the same thing... I just get pure lazy and don't want to do anything except for all the things I'm not supposed to do lol... It's a struggle for me but as time goes on, I can def see more little changes over time on my weekends and they seem to get better so we'll see... There are some good tips from others on here that I will keep in mind so thanks for posting this... And if you do happen to have a bad weekend, don't be so hard on yaself, just get right back on it ; )