So this is a small one but. . .

Options
I lost my first pound today!

I tried this diet thing online once before but I didn't loose any and I got discouraged and gave up. I gained about ten pounds after that and decided to go for it again. This is my first pound lost! :happy: so excited. I have been biking every night for 30 min to an hour and keeping meticulous track and not letting myself have that extra cookie :wink:

Anywho just thought I'd share. Who else lost a pound this week?
:heart: , Chloe

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! It all starts with one pound....
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!! I miss bike riding... sigh. I weigh on friday so I'll let you know! :happy:
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for the last two weeks, so no new pound down for me-- but congratulations on your loss! It's a great feeling to see those first couple of pounds drop off and realize that it is possible to really lose weight. Way to go!
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    great job! Keep up the good work!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The pounds you're losing will add up. And with all the biking you wil probably even gain muscle weight. Keep it going, you're doing great!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Great start!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work :smile:
  • kay_lae18
    kay_lae18 Posts: 3
    Options
    One pound is nothing small. Congradulations!! I cant wait until I lose that first pound I will be just as excited! I just started 2 weeks ago and I havent weighed myself i dont have a scale yet but I plan on getting on with in the next few weeks for sure. GREAT JOB!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!:happy:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Biking is SUCH great cardio! Best of luck!
  • bobball
    bobball Posts: 57
    Options
    I've been losing about a pound to a pound and half a week for the last two months. THat is perfect and exactly what doctors recommend.

You mentioned the "D" word. Real permanent weight loss is about being healthy not going on a diet...a diet means that sometime it will end and you'll go back to the way you were. This is not a diet, this is about keeping track of what you eat so you don't eat more than your body needs, you eat just SLIGHTLY less than what it requires to say the same weight. . Once you learn how to do that it becomes a permanent habit and does not take so much time to do.

If you are like me and you love eating....jsut excersise more so you can enjoy more food! It really works.

Welcome and you have started perfectly...stay consistent and stop when you reach your daily goal. What helps me is I've learned to like some lo cal snacks to eat in the evening so I don't go over. It takes a bit to learn what number works for you.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    YAY! THAT IS AWESOME! :) congrats! :)
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    Lol I did mention the D word didn't I. XD I'm sorry I meant lifestyle change. Thanks everyone for your support! :happy:
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!!!!!!
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    ME TOO!!!!!!!

I see that on your counter. Doesn't that feel amazing?!
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It feels fantastic. So far I really love this site. It has really made keeping track easy. For instance, tonight, instead of going to the gym, I've got some serious house cleaning to do and I can keep track of how many calories that will burn in order to still stay within my calories and still lose weight.

Congratulations on your lbs!

We are amazing!
  • Slimkickin23
    Options
    We are amazing!

Ha yes we def are! I like this site too. I am i summer school right now (high school) and junk food is everywhere but this way i look at it and go "hmph, cant fit it in" and then don't eat it. It's great!
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    I lost my very first pound too.. and believe me I did a dance :)
    congrats!
  • nomofat
    nomofat Posts: 17
    Options
    Me too! 1.4 lbs so far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!