Instead of high calorie $5 lattes

Options
SarahDavs
SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
I just made my 1st homemade peanut butter mocha of the year. And I'm all proud of myself because it only came to 82 calories. And it was delicious. And I saved myself $5 plus tip in the average coffee stop drive through. ;-)

My recipe is:
Coffee - 1 cup
Stevia Packets, 2 packet
Pb2 - Powdered Peanut Butter, 2 tbsp
Ice Cubes, 5 cube
Fat Free Half N Half, 2 tbsp
Sugar Free - Hot Cocoa Mix, 0.5 envelope
Put all in a blender and walla it's a lovely iced peanut butter mocha!

Anyone else have a favorite homemade recipe for iced or hot coffee drinks that replace what you could get from somewhere like Starbucks or one of the millions of drive through coffee stops you see everywhere?

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    That...sounds....delicious.

I don't have any recipes but I've been tempted to try protein powder, coffee, and ice and blend it up like a frappe
  • pinkcow84
    pinkcow84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love it! I make green tea lattes...
    Heated non-fat milk (or light vanilla soy)
    1 packet sweetener
    1 tsp match powder (I got mine at the heath food store)

Yummo and cheap!
  • Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Since I stopped using coffee creamer, I make my protein drink and add my coffee to it.
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sounds divine! Will definitely have to give that a try...
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

I don't have any recipes but I've been tempted to try protein powder, coffee, and ice and blend it up like a frappe

I do this! I use Muscle Milk (I've found I like the vanilla better than the chocolate for this) and I put in a scoop of Hill's Bro's cappuccino mix. It's a great treat! :)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I use a coffee frother to whip up my almondmilk into a delightful cappuccino-type drink every morning.

I also pour any coffee left over in the pot into an ice cube tray, and make "frappuccinos" in my Ninja blender with frozen coffee cubes, protein powder, and almondmilk. I like them way better than the ones at Starbucks... mine aren't too sweet, and you can't beat the price!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I need to try that ????
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Book-Unsweetened-Vanilla-30-Calories.png + 72da609d-c4a9-4506-950e-8d1e1141fc0e.jpg

(Just mix them together and you've got an iced coffee for about 70 calories)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the $6 triple shot espresso. YOLO.
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Voila.

That's all I got.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump * love me some icy chocolatey coffe-ish blended drinks*

That's part of what got me here - McDonalds Mocha Frappe's!! Used to drink a small one every day!
    Now I add a bot of black coffee to my chocolate protein shake every morning!!
  • lovelymrsbasham
    Options
    saving this for future reference :o i'm a sucker for iced coffee
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was having such a problem with spending too much money and too many calories at the drive thru. I bought a stove-top espresso maker and a frother. I make awesome homemade soy lattes with no extra sugar. 6-8 oz espresso and 8 oz vanilla silk soymilk. So good and I earned back my investment ($50) in the first month I had it, easy.

For the summer months I'll cold brew coffee and have it over coffee ice cubes with soy milk! Since I gave up my sugary coffee drinks I crave sugar so much less!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Voila.

That's all I got.

It's more than enough. Thank you.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the $6 triple shot espresso. YOLO.

delete:angry:
  • SarahDavs
    Options
    Voila.

That's all I got.
    nice.
  • SarahDavs
    Options
    I love the mentions of coffee ice cubes, i forgot about those. :-)
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here!
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

That might work. I tried whey protein powder in a hot cup of coffee. It did NOT work.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/iced-mochas/detail.aspx

It's not low fat/low cal/ low anything, but I love it. I use caramel syrup instead of chocolate--chocolate tastes too much like chocolate milk.