chubby most of your life? want to lose 100 pounds?

Options
Hello my name is Leslie and I am looking for friends that have a similar story to mine. EVEN if you don't and want to be friends LETS DO THIS!!!! I am motivated and ready to make some friends that will provide as much support as I am willing to make. Lets not take this journey alone, but together!

My story;

My name is Leslie and I am a senior at San Diego State University. I am about to graduate this May and take a year off before law school and at the top of my year-off-to-do-list is ... lose weight! :) I have ALWAYS been a big girl, always the largest in my class. Recently, as in last year I lost 30 pounds which was the most I had ever lost and I gained it back. I am slowing changing my ways and learning how to take care of myself and put myself first. I am learning that I AM WORTH IT! :) so if you have a common story, or you don't and want to be a community of support then lets get started! and be friends :)

Why I Want To Get In Shape
I have always been a big girl, I feel I don't do this now I never will. If I don't lose some weight by December I will be getting the lap band procedure done, but I don't want to have surgery. I want to know what it feels like to be comfortable in your body and be able to wear clothes that.. well they don't make for big girls. This is for me, no one else.

Replies

• BLBrinegar
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I have quite a few pounds that I want to lose, however my story is totally different, but I have the same goal in mind!

I would like to encourage you to think about losing fat and not just "weight." Also, the results take time, but they are worth it! Feel free to add me and I will do my best to motivate you! Those little fitness changes become easier and easier and you can do them a little bit at a time.

Do you like green tea? I have been drinking a couple Liter's of green tea a day and it's sped up my weight loss (in a healthy way) as well as increasing my water intake as well.

Good luck to you!
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Adding! I need to lose about 50 pounds and have been overweight my whole life too! I've actually been trying to lose the weight for about 2 years now and I have been yo-yoing like crazy so it would be great to have some extra support. :)
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Chubby all my life - obese the last few years. I have another 120lbs to lose - add me if you want! :D