Australian Dieter

Options
camaris
camaris Posts: 36 Member
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would say hello. I am 32, from Australia and I have been on a diet for 7 days today. It is the first time I have dieted in my life, so it is fair to say I am struggling. My wife has dieted before, but obviously I haven't helped much so this time we are doing it together, which hopefully will help.

I have always been a big eater, and I love my food. Because I am a big guy (6'3"), it is easy to hide weight, but it is starting to catch up with me and I want to get in shape before it is too late.

I have the iPhone app for myfitnesspal whcih is helping a lot, and tonight will be my first weigh in....should be interesting.

Anyway, this forum seems a great place...look forward to meeting you all. :-)

Replies

• EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Helloo :)
    I'm Aussie too!

I love this site, I think it's excellent and it really helps you to change your whole lifestyle, not just a quick shed of kilos, so the weight can stay off!
    Good luck, it's difficult, and this is the longest I've been dieting (3-4 weeks) but I know it's better for me and I'll feel and look SO much better in the end.
    :)

-Emily.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    There are a few Aussies on this site so you're definitely not alone. Good luck with sticking with it!
  • cameron_en
    cameron_en Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi Camaris! A fellow Aussie here :smile:
    I'm glad to see you've decided to make a change, give it your best!
  • camaris
    Options
    Hello all...thanks for the welcome! Forgive me if this post is a bit of babbling, because I am in a really good mood. I've decided to weigh myself weekly, and tonight was the night, and I've lost 2.7kg. Makes all the suffering this week seem worth it. lol

So, what my plan has been is I have gone on Lite and Easy. I weighed myself on the first day I started, but I didn't start using myfitnesspal until the the 3rd day. It really has been great to keep track of calories, and see what snack foods are ok.

It suggested 1680 calories a day to start with and so far it hasn't been a huge issue to stay under (though I'd love to have a pizza *drools*). I worked out that I was probably having 5000+ a day...it is amazing how things add up!

So, my daily menu is:

Breakfast: Bowl of cereal (Just RIght) with skim milk and a coffee with 2 sugars (down from 4)
    Snack: A fruit bar or muesli bar
    Lunch: Lite and Easy lunch and a can of Coke Zero (I miss the real thing)
    Snack: Banana or apple
    Dinner: Lite and Easy dinner and a glass of lite cranberry juice
    Snack: Maybe some rice cakes if I am hungry

It's amazing that picking the right foods means not starving myself! It sounds like a lot but I am doing about 1200-1300 calories a day and I hope as I get used to it I can drop the snacks.

I play baskteball once a week, have cricket training once a week and a game fortnightly (we play winter cricket) and I try and get to the gym at least twice a week.

Hopefully this plan works!

Anyway, that's enough writing...thanks again for the welcome!
  • cameron_en
    cameron_en Posts: 54
    Options
    Well done with the first 2.7kg!
    Your food plan sounds very healthy, mine's not as healthy but at least the calories are low.
    i won't be able to say whether or not it's helped me in losing weight or not until a week's time when i weigh-in again, but i really wanna lose weight.

Keep up the good work!
  • camaris
    Options
    Thanks!

Healthy is big change for me lol

Man I miss certain things that won't be named.

Hope you don't mind...I've sent you a freind request. :-)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I'm so glad i've found other Aussies on this site!! I'm Ally and i joined to basically become more fit (i went for a walk today and felt like i was going to die hahaha) SO yeah im keen for the summer weather to come and hopefully will be a whole lot healthier than i have been prior to this.

I just joined today and think this site is amazing. I hope everyone goes well with their goals.
    P.s im from Sydney :D
  • muffintop22
    Options
    Wow, so many Aussies! I didn't think there would be so many of us on here but I'm so happy there is :D

:)
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    yeww another aussie! goodluck with you weight loss! amazing you already started!