6 week 6 pack enough?

Options
I plan to start Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack tomorrow. I searched this forum for success stories and results, and I noticed most incorporate another workout along with it. My question is: Is 6w6p enough of a workout or should I add more? I'd probably go for a walk, 20 - 60 minutes or add in her cardio kickbox since I enjoy that one. My goal is to lose inches rather than weight and I don't have much to lose!

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I'm in week four. I like it...lost of Cardio. When I did 30DS, I burned around 350 calories in the 30 (or so) min workout. With 6wk6pk, I burn around 500 calories in the 35 min workout. That said, I wish there was more strength work. If I have time, I add in push-ups and sit-ups for strength...but I most often just do the workout and enjoy the extra calories. :) Good luck.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I do it on my off days from NROL4W, along with some HIIT cardio. I don't feel like the video is enough all on its own.
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I did the full 6-weeks along with walking to work everyday. Once the 6 weeks were over, I would rotate between 6 week 6 pack and her kickboxing one. I enjoyed them both! The one bonus I wasn't expecting during the original 6 week run was how lean my arms got. There are so many different plank exercises, I'm sure that's what did it!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm in week four. I like it...lost of Cardio. When I did 30DS, I burned around 350 calories in the 30 (or so) min workout. With 6wk6pk, I burn around 500 calories in the 35 min workout. That said, I wish there was more strength work. If I have time, I add in push-ups and sit-ups for strength...but I most often just do the workout and enjoy the extra calories. :) Good luck.

Wow. I burn around 130 calories with 6W6P.

Personally I use it on days I don't run. For me (because I like to EAT) just this workout would not be enough. Days I do it I generally swim as well.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Wow. I burn around 130 calories with 6W6P.

Personally I use it on days I don't run. For me (because I like to EAT) just this workout would not be enough. Days I do it I generally swim as well.

Dang! I wonder if it's just because I'm larger and it takes more to get this mass moving? I also try to go breakneck speed when I work out...so that might also be a contributing factor. I use a HRM to help get more accurate readings on my calorie burn and have enjoyed noticing fluctuations based on a variety of factors (e.g., how intensely I approach each move, etc.). Have you done 30DS? If so, I'm curious to know what your burn was on that. :)

Either way, best of luck to everyone. :)