My first week

Options
Oddly enough, I had been using the calorie counter on MFP for a few days and keeping a diary of my own in an excel file before I got smart enough to actually register. Once I actually took a minute to look at the rest of the site I realized the food diary here is much cooler than mine was. Lol. I have lost four pounds since my husband and I started a few days ago and he has lost three. I have done many different programs, which shall remain nameless, but they are the biggies, with moderate success that did not last. Considering I am online every single day as a general rule, I have much higher hopes for this.

I'm excited and oddly enough, having fun with this. I have an obscene amount of weight to lose, but I am actually looking forward to the journey. It has been a pleasure to read about others successes and struggles and I thank all those who take the time to post about their own experiences. To me, the greatest way to learn is through the experiences of others. I look forward to meeting new people and inspirations on what I consider one of the most important journey's of my life. Plus, I figured at the rate I was going, I would one day not be able to get out of the house any longer and I am too manic at times to just be sitting around all the time. =P

Replies

• lassgirl
    lassgirl Posts: 22
    Options
    Oddly enough, I had been using the calorie counter on MFP for a few days and keeping a diary of my own in an excel file before I got smart enough to actually register. Once I actually took a minute to look at the rest of the site I realized the food diary here is much cooler than mine was. Lol. I have lost four pounds since my husband and I started a few days ago and he has lost three. I have done many different programs, which shall remain nameless, but they are the biggies, with moderate success that did not last. Considering I am online every single day as a general rule, I have much higher hopes for this.

I'm excited and oddly enough, having fun with this. I have an obscene amount of weight to lose, but I am actually looking forward to the journey. It has been a pleasure to read about others successes and struggles and I thank all those who take the time to post about their own experiences. To me, the greatest way to learn is through the experiences of others. I look forward to meeting new people and inspirations on what I consider one of the most important journey's of my life. Plus, I figured at the rate I was going, I would one day not be able to get out of the house any longer and I am too manic at times to just be sitting around all the time. =P
  • Jendaya35
    Jendaya35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Very well written. Welcome and goodluck on your weight loss journey!:flowerforyou:
  • Rachael2179
    Rachael2179 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck . This site is wonderful and very helpful :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • maureen4949
    Options
    I am also new to the site and have been on other programs, the ease of using this site is helpful plus the food journal is great.. Good Luck to you! :smile:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: I know exactly where you're comming from, I am so surprised how much I love it here. I'm already starting to enjoy exercises and :noway: am one size down in my wardrobe:love: . I wish you success :drinker: post often, ask questions, share successes , vent and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I also want to welcome you. :flowerforyou: This has been an incredible journey.
    I always give the same advice and that is to measure and/or weigh everything you eat, my eye was much larger that actual :noway: The second is log it BEFORE you eat it because it will help you make wise decisions :wink:
    Wishing you much success :drinker:
    24167.png
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    18.gif
  • lassgirl
    lassgirl Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate them all. And yep, have the ole food scale dusted off and it has been used. It's no longer decorating my shelf. I plan to keep up with it and post often, I look forward to getting to know you all.