Baseball fans...

Options
xF7x
xF7x Posts: 143
If you are a baseball fan, I don't care what team and if you have played the game or not.

What's one of the things you like so much about the game?

Mine.. The pitching and working the count.

I like playing infield third base or short stop, but my natural position it's been second base.

And by the way.. I'd like to be your friend just because of this common interest.

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Probably my #1 favorite thing about baseball is the bonding experience with my dad. He doesn't have any sons, so I, as first born, was raised from a young age to be a rabid sports fan! :laugh:

Other than that, I'd have to say it's the atmosphere at the stadium, the smell of the grass, and the excitement of the game itself as I'm waiting to see what the next at bat brings.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Seeing their butts! Just kidding! ;)

I enjoy going to baseball games with friends. The atmosphere at the ballpark, the FOOD...it's actually a good place to get a tan LOL.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    If ballpark food is your thing, go see a game in Milwaukee. Best food in baseball.

I like the strategy. It's incredibly deep in baseball. Atmosphere is great too. I've been to many parks as a visiting fan and with almost no exceptions the rivalries are friendly.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    pitching- its an art form
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I never liked baseball until my son started playing. I just like the team aspect, encouragement, and winning and losing as one.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    at this point in my life, I love coaching baseball.
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My dad used to play and was amazing! I loved watching him play as a kid and grew to love the game myself. Wished I would have decided to play myself when I was younger. Now all three of my kids plays and I love every minute of it. I am a huge Reds fan and so are my kids. This time of year we eat/sleep/drink baseball and softball.
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ha perfect timing, I am, at this moment, writing a speech on why baseball is the best sport! I personally just love everything about it; the atmosphere, the game, the skill it takes and so on.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I know you said one, but I'm going to list two anyway.

One is the pitching; my favorite thing to see in a game is a complete game by the pitcher.

The other is when you go to the game, that moment when you walk out of the atrium and out into the stands to find your seat -- you get that change in the air from the stuff atrium to the fresh outdoor air and the field comes into view. Such a neat feeling.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love Cardinals baseball...being at Busch stadium is like no other experience! I hate when people say baseball is boring...it is so exciting!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love baseball. GO JAYS! Not only because my dad coached me for 13 years, but I love playing catch, the art of pitching, that it's a strategic game, the excitement of a really good hit, that I get to be super loud when I cheer lol, and of course the food. I have never been to a Major League game, but it's on my bucket list.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I've loved baseball since I was a LittleBrunette. My favorite thing is the strategy involved in National League pitching substitutions. My second favorite thing is the resilience of a player who's going through a slump.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i grew up with baseball in my life at a very young age. i can remember listening to games on the radio with my dad and grandpa. i love watching live games at a ballpark - nothing beats that first glimpse of the field as you walk in - the Big Show at its finest!

also: Rays fan here! but grew up in WA state as a Mariners fan back in the days of Griffey, Arod, double Martinez, Buhner, Cora, etc...
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Love baseball...huge Atlanta Braves fan. One of my greatest memories growing up was lying on the floor in front of the tv with my dad on the couch watching the Braves play. I became a huge tom boy. Although my dads been gone for 15yrs, my love of baseball is a direct result of my love for my dad!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    LOVE Baseball..orioles fan here. I love the tradition and the atmosphere.

I will bawl my eyes out when Wrigley and Fenway are torn down and replaced by McStadiums
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Only ever went to one baseball game when I was living in New York... It was Yankees agains Minnesota... Yankees won 4-0 and the crowd went wild and everyone was celebrating... I was thinking 'boy these Americans get excited when they win a baseball game'... Got home and turned on the TV and it transpired it was 'The Perfect Game'. First time ever in the Yankee stadium and the first time by a Yankee pitcher I think... David Wells! I like to think I was a lucky charm! :wink:

But must admit, loved the whole atmosphere and would love to go again someday!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The Pitching. I was a pitcher though college and miss it so much. The one on one vs. a batter trying to guess what I was going to throw and where was such a rush.

Baseball is the glue of America - people think its football but not so. Baseball's traditions, quirks, sounds, smells, etc. Nothing better!!!!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i grew up with baseball in my life at a very young age. i can remember listening to games on the radio with my dad and grandpa. i love watching live games at a ballpark - nothing beats that first glimpse of the field as you walk in - the Big Show at its finest!

also: Rays fan here! but grew up in WA state as a Mariners fan back in the days of Griffey, Arod, double Martinez, Buhner, Cora, etc...

Love that you can name the players!!!!! Awesome. Everyone knows griffey and arod but you pulled Joey Cora and Jay Buhner!!!! AMAZING!!
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    People watching is the best! And the hot dogs aren't too bad either. Go REDS!
  • boperoni10
    boperoni10 Posts: 3,034
    Options
    One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to, reach down and prove something." Nola n Ryan

"When you make a bad pitch and the hitter puts it out of the park and you cost your team the game, it's a real test of your maturity to be able to stand in front of your locker fifteen minutes later and admit it to the world. How many people in other professions would be willing to have their job performances evaluated that way, in front of millions, every afternoon at five o'clock." bob feller

In baseball, you can't kill the clock. You've got to give the other man his chance. That's why this is the greatest game.
    Earl Weaver