New To MyFitnessPal! Looking for friends!

Options
vegkitten
vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
Hello all! My name is Candace. I'm new to MyFitnessPal. I switched over here because I've seen that people seem to be more supporting and encouraging and interactive with others, so I thought it would be a good place to help me stay on track.

I've been vegan for the past 3 1/2 years. I'm a mother to three little boys (8, 6, and 2). I'm usually in and out of various temp job work ranging from clerical work to factory work (my most recent was at SunMaid raisins... now I will never eat raisins of any kind ever again!)

I also love running. I used to to do a lot of running but had to take it easy for health reasons. I've recently felt that I'm good to start running again and usually run about two to five miles a day.

I'm also a mostly recovered anorexic. I struggled for many years, but in the past year I've gotten to a good place mentally. However, in getting to that good mental place I put on A LOT more weight than what actually needed. So, I'm looking to lose just about 15 pounds to get back into a good healthy place.

If anyone is interested in adding me, I'm open to all! :)

Replies

• gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm new myself (been here since Saturday) and I've already found this to be a great site for supporting and encouraging each other through the good and the bad. I've just added you! Be kind to yourself! :)
  • presshard
    presshard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kay, I' m 60 and looking for friends to share this journey with. I have 6 children and teach the first grade. I use to not have a problem with weight till now. I WOULD LOVE TO LOOSE 20 POUNDS. I can' t seem to stay on track. Life seems to keep mefrom doing my exercises and I love to eat. BUT i would to be your friend.