Jillian Michael's Brownie Recipe

Options

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I tried googling the conversion myself but I got so many different results I didn't know which was closest. Think I'll try the recipe using the conversion posted by NIkhan.

I'll let you know how they come out!

^^ very true, I have looked and found that they come out so varied because the american ounce is different to the english ounce and because I think some are just plain made up.

The difference is fluid ounces versus weight ounces, not American and British.
  • rsward
    rsward Posts: 45
    Options
    bump
  • Carrie_Brown
    Carrie_Brown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yum! Can't wait to try this!
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • mommykitty81
    mommykitty81 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    this might help if someone wants to make them and doesn't have access to google :wink:

Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with olive oil. Set aside.
    Place the honey in a large glass measuring cup. Microwave on high power until the honey is runny and just bubbling, 45 to 60 seconds. Add the cocoa and stir with a fork until well combined. Let cool to room temperature.
    Meanwhile, in a small bowl, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
    In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended. Add the honey-cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir until no traces of flour remain. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
    Bake until the surface looks dry around the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Place the pan on a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing into 16 squares. (Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
    Makes 16 (2-inch) brownies

Serving Size: Makes 16 (2-inch) brownies

Number of Servings: 16

Calories: 82.6

Total Fat: 2.3 g
    Cholesterol: 11.6 mg
    Sodium: 6.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 16.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
    Protein: 1.3 g
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    volume to mass conversions only work if you know the density of the material with which you are working.
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • iamabutterflychaser
    iamabutterflychaser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUMP for recipe - sounds good!
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump - can't resist the brownies
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Because you will need to convert in the future -- look for online measurement converters -- there are a lot out there to use :)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    oww thank you for posting - any idea how not to eat the whole lot in one go though? :blushing:
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Conversions can be really really tricky and can change depending on what you are cooking with.
    This website has EVERYTHING you are converting ie: 2cups of chocolate chips to UK ounces.... or 1 cup sugar to grams.
    Check it out. I love it and have NEVER gone wrong with changing measurements for baking...
    http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm

Oh and bump for the recipe too =)
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    oww thank you for posting - any idea how not to eat the whole lot in one go though? :blushing:
    Get a big glass of milk and a fork :wink:
  • TabbyOne
    TabbyOne Posts: 6
    Options
    Give me a minute and I'll post my findings I get from http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/tools.measures
  • TabbyOne
    TabbyOne Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh, never mind. I swear I didn't see any responses except the first one.
  • Blafily
    Blafily Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi guys!

I really want to try out Jillian Michael's brownie recipe, but being in the UK we don't use cups as measurement, so I was hoping someone could help me convert the below recipes into either grams or ounces?

2/3 C honey
    1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 C whole wheat flour
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    pinch of salt
    1/2 C unsweetened, natural applesauce
    2 Tbs olive oil
    1 large egg
    3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Thank youuuu! :)

Anyone know the macros if following this recipe?