For Real??

Options
Poison5119
Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
:heart: Just joined about two weeks (+/-) ago, and started exercising as well. Is it possible for me to have lost 3 lbs already? It doesn't seem right. I think I understand how my allowed calories increase if I exercise, but if I don't always have the appetite to eat them, am I going to do damage? What if I take supplements? Will that help?

Anyone that can help me understand how many of these extra calories I'm supposed to be eating, I'd be grateful.

Replies

• Poison5119
    Options
    :heart: Just joined about two weeks (+/-) ago, and started exercising as well. Is it possible for me to have lost 3 lbs already? It doesn't seem right. I think I understand how my allowed calories increase if I exercise, but if I don't always have the appetite to eat them, am I going to do damage? What if I take supplements? Will that help?

Anyone that can help me understand how many of these extra calories I'm supposed to be eating, I'd be grateful.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    congrats! I just joined a week ago today and I'm down a few lbs too - it's because at first with the adjustment of nutrition and addition of exercise some water weight goes too. But it's all relevant so good on you!!

As for the exercise cals, try to eat what you burn. Your daily caloric goal is based on your regular activity level and the weight per week you want to lose. If you do additional exercise you earn the cals and if you are too far off at the end of the day (have too many cals left over) your body may hang on a little harder to the fat stores because it feels slightly undernourished, beyond what you want for weight loss.

I don't know how supplements affect things, but I'm pretty sure they're not giving you significant calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins or fibre... and those are the things your body is looking for when it comes to metabolism and blood sugar :)

Hope that helps!!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

Please see the thread I bumped by a MFP Member "Banks" under "Introduce Yourself."

It will answer this and other important questions you have.

Wishing you all good things!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I think you should start adding more calories to each of your meals.

BTW, :heart: your secondlife girl!:bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Options
    :happy:

Funny you should mention water weight, because I have increased my water intake dramatically, and last night I woke up 4x to use the bathroom, which I have never done under normal circumstances. Yesterday afternoon, I weighed 171.7, and this morning, came back to the scale betting I'd lost more, and sure enough, I weight 171.1

Strange.

Thank you everyone for your help! I'll do my best to eat my exercise calories!!

xoxo
  • Poison5119
    Options
    My pic is my IMVU avatar, and the pic in my WL ticker is my daughter -- Interesting story - I gave her up when she was a 2 day old infant, and she sought me out. My life is blessed knowing her.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    My pic is my IMVU avatar, and the pic in my WL ticker is my daughter -- Interesting story - I gave her up when she was a 2 day old infant, and she sought me out. My life is blessed knowing her.
    Oohhhh.... IMVU.. haven't used mine in sooo long.
    Your daughter is beautiful:heart:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! The water weight doesn't actually come so much from how much water we consume but how much we're hanging on to, usually due to the high sodium levels in our diets when they're less than ideal.

You must feel SO motivated!! Congrats on the loss so far!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! Did you see that you have already saved almost $3000!!! YOU GO GIRL!
  • Poison5119
    Options
    :tongue: My man still smokes, and believe it or not, it does not tempt me. It smells nice once in awhile (like an incense), but I just don't want it.

Two years ago, I decided that a heart was too precious to risk. When your insurance is very good, you can afford things like transplants, but when I thought about the agony associated with getting that sick, I just decided it wasn't worth all the money I was spending on killing myself.

So NOW, it's my lifes work to get HIM to stop too. His blood pressure is very high, and I told him "IT'S BECAUSE YOU SMOKE!!" He doesn't want to believe me, but he's slowly seeing that I'm right.

I love my ticker!!