I'm gonna need some friends. I'll accept most anybody.

Options
I'm done with not logging my calorie intake. Winging it isnt working. I'll accept anybosy who's willing to be strong and log their food with me.

Replies

• j_holliday
    Options
    I have noticed that when i log i really do watch what im eating. Keep up the good work and log, log, log!
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    good advice, thank you.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I also find accurate weighing is a big help, I use scale in grammes, so easy to weigh & portion an item from MFP data base
  • DWHSr
    DWHSr Posts: 5
    Options
    When I was logging my food and tracking my exercise I lost 11 lbs in 52 days. I recently fell off the wagon and have got back into MFP to start logging my meals again. It does work, because it makes you think about what you are eating. I could even plan for big dinners or eating out by watching what I took in during the day. Keep logging in your meals, you will see a difference.
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    Finally got that terrorist #2!
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    I also find accurate weighing is a big help, I use scale in grammes, so easy to weigh & portion an item from MFP data base

I gotta get back to it!
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    When I was logging my food and tracking my exercise I lost 11 lbs in 52 days. I recently fell off the wagon and have got back into MFP to start logging my meals again. It does work, because it makes you think about what you are eating. I could even plan for big dinners or eating out by watching what I took in during the day. Keep logging in your meals, you will see a difference.

Will try!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Saying that you'll accept almost anybody is a good way to get the creepers to come to the thread. Wait, does that say something about me? Meh, probably.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i added you. i'm anybody, i guess.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Logging is like putting in the prep work for a paper, speech, or other large assignment. When you see it all laid out in front of you, and can track your progress over long periods of time, you can see trends and areas in which you're doing well / need to improve. You can tweak your diet to get past plateaus, abolish cravings, and even to give yourself more energy if you're going through a rough time.

Also, for me personally, since I have a tendency to binge-eat... a lot... logging is crucial to my success here. I need to see WHAT I am stuffing my face with on my bad days, even if I never hit "complete this entry" for fear that someone else might stumble upon it and see my shame. And though I try not to beat myself up with guilt, the accountability makes me that much less likely to do it again the next day... which makes all the difference between me now and me six months ago!

My friends list has grown quite large as of late but feel free to add me, I log every day. :)
  • guma78
    guma78 Posts: 5
    Options
    I need a buddy to keep on me about tracking my food and tracking my exercise. so Hey BUDDY lol
  • VeronicaDFranklin
    Options
    I need some new friends. My friends aren't as "Military" as I am :-) I log EVERY LITTLE THING that goes in my mouth! ADD me please!!! I need new food ideas!
  • dlmaylor
    dlmaylor Posts: 25
    Options
    Logging is very important. Everything I eat good or bad makes me honest to myself so I agree it is important. I started myfitness pal in Dec 2012 and I just started getting serious about 50 days ago and the results are satisfying so far. Keep up the good work and keep logging it in.
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Since I have started logging I have noticed a big difference. My next step is a scale for portion sizes. Stick with the logging good and bad days, so you are accountable to yourself. At least that is what I have realized. :blushing:
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    Since I have started logging I have noticed a big difference. My next step is a scale for portion sizes. Stick with the logging good and bad days, so you are accountable to yourself. At least that is what I have realized. :blushing:

Well i need to be accountable to myself then, majorly.
  • pamla77
    pamla77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im 3 weeks in and log every day except sunday ( when i treat myself to a day of guilt free eating). But every other day i account for everything!! Helps way more than i thought it would! Good luck and feel free to ad me.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    About 6 months before I started here I had started a journal. Within days it became a food journal as well because I made something and I wanted to remember what I did. So most days I was entering new ways to make food and then I just thought maybe this is a good idea, because I seem to be eating healthier. I didn't have a scale and it wasn't formal calorie counting, I call it becoming calorie aware though, for instance I know about how many calories are in a bowl of pasta. Anyway, I have been here a month and it's kicked that idea up into a higher gear and I think (can't be positive) that I am losing a bit faster.
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    Im 3 weeks in and log every day except sunday ( when i treat myself to a day of guilt free eating). But every other day i account for everything!! Helps way more than i thought it would! Good luck and feel free to ad me.

Good deal! :)
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    I've committed to logging my food and exercise religiously for a minimum of three months - and I've just recently started - I'll see how it goes from there. My internet is not reliable and I occasionally travel to locations where there is no such beast as internet, so I may miss a day here and there, but will backfill it when I log back on.

Feel free to add me and that goes for anyone, I'm also grossly non discriminatory, so will be glad to partner with anyone who is willing to try to log on every day.

Be warned - I've been accused of having a strange sense of humor and often call anyone younger than my oldest son "kid."
  • mightyfine4
    Options
    About 6 months before I started here I had started a journal. Within days it became a food journal as well because I made something and I wanted to remember what I did. So most days I was entering new ways to make food and then I just thought maybe this is a good idea, because I seem to be eating healthier. I didn't have a scale and it wasn't formal calorie counting, I call it becoming calorie aware though, for instance I know about how many calories are in a bowl of pasta. Anyway, I have been here a month and it's kicked that idea up into a higher gear and I think (can't be positive) that I am losing a bit faster.

Good luck!