Ground Turkey

Options
Hey guys! Does anyone have an ground turkey recipes? And some that are pretty simple? I always buy White ground turkey, but the only thing I can ever think of to make with it is tacos. Sometimes I use it in spaghetti, but I'm not big on pasta really... And I also think of making meatloaf, but I know that can be time consuming too, so I am just trying to find some other things I could make!

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm insane - couldn't you use any ground beef recipe for ground turkey? The taste isn't that far off and basically no fat if you got the ground turkey breast :)
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm insane - couldn't you use any ground beef recipe for ground turkey? The taste isn't that far off and basically no fat if you got the ground turkey breast :)

He's not insane
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ranch Cheddar Turkey Burgers
    Ingredients
    1 lb lean ground turkey
    1 (1 ounce) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
    1/4 cup chopped green onion (scallion)
    Directions
    1mix all ingredients together in bowl.
    2form into 4 patties
    3cook in skillet or on grill until cooked through, appox. 6-7 minute per side.
    4serve on buns with lettuce and tomato

Number of Servings: 4
    Calories: 232.7
    • Total Fat: 10.0 g
    • Cholesterol: 85.9 mg
    • Sodium: 798.2 mg
    • Total Carbs: 5.4 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
    • Protein: 29.0 g
  • waymethb
    waymethb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree! I use ground turkey anywhere that I used to use ground beef. Just add it to sloppy joes, hamburgers, sheppards pie anything that you would use beef in!
  • blackj91114
    Options
    I guess I don't really ever eat ground beef unless it's a hamburger or tacos thats why I'm having a hard time thinking of things. haha
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump, sounds great! :)
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I can't stand ground beef so I use ground chicken in everything that anyone would use ground beef in! Turkey burgers, turkey spaghetti sauce, tacos, meatloaf etc. By the way, meatloaf is SIMPLE and QUICK to make!