Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    we cant tell u how many calories u need cuz we dont know your weight
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Get a George Forman grill, it does all the cooking for you. You can grill meat and veg at same time, in a matter of minutes, it's done... Very low calories, and spice it up the way you like it..... Good Luck!!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I suck at cooking so im always snacking but i stay within my calories but I'm never full cause I'm just snacking. Its mainly fruit, meat products, or these artesian baked chip or one cookie or weight watchers snack size ice cream thing. So I have to work out extra. Anyone else beat this problem. It's such an addiction especially since I can't cook. Also what calories count , is it the net calories or food calories I should be more focused on.

Anyone can cook....It's really not that difficult.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    wow arent you sorry you asked for help from all these trolls?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I second (third?fourth?) learning to cook. You don't need to be a gourmet! Google easy recipes with pictures to help out, grab a 4 ingredients cook book, get a few core dishes down that you can make in bulk - cooking isn't rocket science!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

What? All the people offering good advice? I know, pretty ridiculous.

OP, I learned to cook. Just gotta do it. It's really not that difficult.

You should be focused on net calories (assuming your using MFP's system).
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Aren't you pleasant?
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I suck at cooking so im always snacking but i stay within my calories but I'm never full cause I'm just snacking. Its mainly fruit, meat products, or these artesian baked chip or one cookie or weight watchers snack size ice cream thing. So I have to work out extra. Anyone else beat this problem. It's such an addiction especially since I can't cook. Also what calories count , is it the net calories or food calories I should be more focused on.

If you don't want to learn how to cook, just make better choices for snacks and eat more of them at a time to feel more full. If you eat a good sized 'snack' first thing in the morning, that's breakfast. A small one mid morning is your am snack. Another larger one around noon, that's lunch, and so on. As long as you're staying within your calorie goals, who cares if you consider them snacks or meals?

Nuts, cottage cheese, yogurt , cream cheese and hummus all have protein. Veggies and fruits to get antioxidants, fiber and vitamins. Whole grain crackers, cereals and breads (low in sugar, whole grains in the primary ingredients) for carbs and fiber. I boil a whole bag of frozen chicken breasts on Sundays and use them in different ways all week too. You can get healthy calories and make your daily allotment by snacking, you just need to make healthier choices.

As far as your calorie count - you should work toward the net but don't just go by what MFP sets for you. You need to take into account your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If you're not familiar, you can Google it and find a calculator.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    Don't buy the snacks and you won't be able to eat the snacks.

I don't buy snack food. If I want a snack, Im usually hungry so my "snack" is more like a small, home-cooked meal.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Thanks u guys . Some of y'all offered great advice and no IM NOT SORRY I ASKED FOR HELP because all these sweet people who offered great advice were so helpful and the ugliness of the other comments prove tht no matter how much muscle you gain Ot weight u lose , one can never lose their ugliness. Some people forget tht they weren't born twigs and people have to start from
    Somewhere . Plus everyone knows how toile sandwiches and steak but tht stuff gets old. Im learning to cook. DUH . But sometimes ur meals aren't so great and those are the times u come here to ask advice. And I appreciate it and for the rude ones , they make me laugh
  • Mtleiker
    Options
    It's a preference. You don't have to eat "meals" like most people. The days when I know I'm going for a PR I eat 80% of my food in the morning (mostly one meal) and save 20% after the gym. If you're finding it hard to stay under your calories you're suffering from probably lack of fiber, water, and possibly protein/vitamin rich meals. You don't need to know how to cook with a crock pot. Throw **** in and turn it on. You could mix dried soup mix into yogurt and eat whatever veggies you like. There are always solution around problems.. it just takes creativity and patience.
    Very true thanks. I guess I always focused on having to hav 3 meals a day. But if I'm better with snacking I should stick with tht. Thanks
  • Mtleiker
    Options

I don't buy snack food. If I want a snack, Im usually hungry so my "snack" is more like a small, home-cooked meal.
    I don't my twig of a fiancé does.
  • Mtleiker
    Options
    Just finished reading all these comments . Thanks guys y'all are AWESOME !!! REALlY:)
  • amberxy
    amberxy Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I don't my twig of a fiancé does.

LOL @ the twig fiance. I have one too!
  • mcelysium
    mcelysium Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I will teach you how to cook endless meal combinations in one post... you'll be amazed!

1) (optional) Slice meat into strips
    2) (optional) toss meat strips into hot pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil
    3) Chop up some veggies, whatever ones you want... go wild!
    4) Toss dem veggies in the pan
    5) cook 'em up until they are softened but still crisp
    6) chuck in some diced garlic and some soya sauce.
    7) eat it... on top of rice or noodles if you want.

You could literally eat a stir fry every day but never have the same thing twice... SO SO SO easy! (and once you can pan fry food, you have a basic stepping stone to other cooking)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Arby's Jr roast beef or ham, 210 cal. and $1
    If vegatarian, Subway salad?

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

For a first post i expect more...at least get a meat ball sub with some cookies on the side, my gawd.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Buy 4oz round eye steaks from Walmart

Add a little salt and pepper and a tad of Tony chachere seasoning and cook it in a pan till down with a table spoon of oil

Microwave a bag of valley fresh steamers in your favor flavor and split in half.....

Now you have a 10 min meal that is less then 350 calories that will fill you up and you cooked it...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    , or these artesian baked chip or one cookie or weight watchers snack size ice cream thing.

Not being able to cook and eating a bunch of empty calories that don't fill you up are two totally different things. Eat better snacks. Whole foods with fiber and protein.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lobb5r79ZQ1qkla6io1_500.jpg