Endometriosis

Options
chercee
chercee Posts: 120 Member
Hi,

I'd love to connect with other users who have endometriosis! Anyone? I can't be the only one here, or at least I hope not. Having endometriosis makes fitness a lot harder, and it would be awesome to connect with other sufferers and swap advice.

Cheers!
Cher

Replies

• hhboston
    hhboston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been looking to do the same. I've been suffering with endometriosis for years and am just now realizing (or maybe admitting) that gluten and other foods can really cause me to be in severe pain. I'm learning new tricks thanks to reading posts here, other research, and a lot of trial and error.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Endo here, and lots of it. Glad to meet ya! :)
  • sadams137
    sadams137 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've got it, absolutely hate it! I had a laporoscopy back in 2005 but after my 2nd daughter, it hurts sooooo much! Working out during that time can be a real ***** but if I get up and just do it, I usually feel better. Glad to connect with others out there with it
  • chercee
    Options
    It's great to connect with all of you!

I've had it for 15 years (30 y/o now) and am just figuring out the food-endo connection. I'm following the endo diet as strictly as possible, and it's been AMAZING. It's the reason I'm able to work out now, actually. I'm hoping it's going to be a permanent solution.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have it! I'm 24 now and I've had three laps so far to remove adhesions. No fun at all!

Cutting out gluten did help a lot. And so did cutting out soda.
  • InfiniteEcho
    InfiniteEcho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Endo here as well. Suffered with it for 35 years...multiple laparoscopies (6), ablation and finally a partial. I've never been so glad to have that behind me. Add me if you like.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have endo as well. When I stopped eating meat my life changed completely. Would love to connect.
    What is the endo diet?
  • ginger_red
    ginger_red Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    21 and have it! Seriously a pain on most days!
  • chercee
    Options
    It's nice to know there are more of us on here! I know the endo makes it hard, but it feels good to take control as much as possible. I'm hoping by changing my diet and being able to exercise more, some of that poofy under-navel bloating will reduce. Fingers crossed!
  • alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 25 years old.Suffered from pain for a lot of years and now my doctor thinks I have it but I am too scared to go for lap. I am in excruciating pain all the time. Getting to my class is hardest cos in pain you don't wanna workout, but once I am there I can push myself for those 60 minutes. I wanted to ask if lap is a safe option or not? I am too scared of being worse then now :| and OH, the weght gain, gained 30 pounds in three years. Now lost about 9 pounds in three months. I have a long way to go( also, thyroid and PCOS)
    Anyone else with similar battle or not, add me, could use some more motivation.
    We can do it :)
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I dnt have ENDO but I do have PCOS which also causes severe pain and makes weight loss a greater struggle.
  • dennymac76
    dennymac76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hki everyone I have recently been diagnosed with Endo in dec 2012. I decided to make a Blog on my journey and would love if you ladies would visit and add your story to share with others who like me, feel alone with this horrid disease :)http://www.pureleverage.com/deniserennie/
  • blowingoutawish
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Endo nearly 10 years ago when I was 14 years old. I have had 3 lap surgeries over this time and have tried numerous ways/treatments to deal with my chronic pain. My goal this year is to take control over my body and heal it the best I can. I would love to connect with other women in the same boat!
  • ranganayakee
    ranganayakee Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a PCOS + endo combo. I love my food and also love to workout, but it is super hard to lose weight. Averaging about 2 lbs loss every month ever since I am active on MFP.
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was just told I have suspected Endo on Tuesday. I'm trying to manage with BC pills before having the lapro surgery this summer (Isn't feesable right now because i work in a school...) I'd love to connect with anyone and anyone who knows what I'm going through!

Add me please!
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy to see message boards on here, regarding this topic!! Just recently diagnosed after having a robotic myomectomy to have fibroids removed. They found a stage 4 endometrial cyst on my ovary. It's nice to finally have a diagnosis, but the new medicines I'm on are really messing with my mood! I feel constantly tired and somewhat depressed. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for change in diet and exercise to help combat the hormones!

Feel free to add.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Happy to see message boards on here, regarding this topic!! Just recently diagnosed after having a robotic myomectomy to have fibroids removed. They found a stage 4 endometrial cyst on my ovary. It's nice to finally have a diagnosis, but the new medicines I'm on are really messing with my mood! I feel constantly tired and somewhat depressed. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for change in diet and exercise to help combat the hormones!

Feel free to add.

Which meds are you on? If you take progesterone, Prometrium (bio-identical, FDA-approved) can be taken vaginally. That cuts down on a lot of side effects for most women :)

I have endo, too, but fortunately when I'm on meds to take away my periods I don't have problems. Otherwise the pain during my TOM is incredible, like broken-leg incredible. I was/am gobsmacked hormones can cause so much pain, but then I guess that's what labor contractions are, so there you go.
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm taking a low level combination of progesterone. Thank you for the tip! : )

I totally understand the pain level! I haven't been on any meds for the past 4 years and it's been ridiculous, but I had no idea there was a problem! I just thought I suffered from really bad periods! I always joked that if I can get pregnant, labor would be easy compared to what I go thru on a monthly basis!!
  • Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Stage 4 endo here. I've had laps and they seemed to help for a few years, and then the pain comes back. It does really decrease my desire to do anything exercise related.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Myself4good
    Myself4good Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. Stage 4 endo here with adenomyosis and PCOS. It is REALLY tough with fatigue and pain staying motivated! I'm starting over on my weight-loss journey and hoping this time it will stick.

I have posted in the past with information regarding the endo diet. It does help a ton. I've recently been reading up on the anti-inflammatory diet too and have decided that instead on focusing on pounds, I am going to focus on healing myself first, trying my best to implement this method. I think the reason I've failed in the past is because I've focused too much on what others think about me and the pounds as opposed to what's really important-quality of life. I just have to realize that my body is not like a normal woman's body and has some pretty major issues its dealing with. According to the research that I've done, a lot of times women who have endometriosis have leaky gut and TONS of inflammation. Inflammation in your body can make you hold onto weight and water, making it VERY tough to shed unwanted pounds. Some I've read about have found that the weight comes off just by eating the anti-inflammatory way; healing their gut with the right foods and supplements, if needed, while participating in moderate exercise, like walking and Pilates. This happened for me the first time I tried losing weight this way. The only major change I made the first time was getting off of gluten, then dairy, and most processed sugar. Gluten is one of my biggest triggers for the endo pain and bloating. The hardest part for me is when I'm running behind in my day. It's so easy to grab something unhealthy and quick. If I could successfully tackle that issue, I think I would be more likely to succeed long term.