Looking for Low Sugar/Low Carb snack suggestions

Options
Hi! I am really on the sugar hunt in my diet. I'm not necessarily doing "low carb" but I am trying to keep the amount of grams of sugar in foods I consume to a low so I can "save" some calories and sugar grams for the occasional treat. Over the last few weeks, I've been eating cheese and lunch meat slices as a low sugar/low carb snack but it can be high in sodium and I'm getting board. I love fruit, but it can quickly send the grams of sugar over the top plus, I can't think of what to pair the fruit with to make it more filling. I try to keep my snacks around 100 - 150 calores. Any suggestions on your favorie low sugar/low carb snacks??? Thanks :>)

Replies

• cbteegardin
    cbteegardin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've used rice wine vinegar (sweet) and marinated cucumber slices, baby carrots, brocholli florets, etc., with it. It gives some sweetness to your veggie snacks and you can eat a lot and still keep the kcal and sugar low.

Strawberries are in season and you can eat 6 or 7 of them for under 100 kcal (and very little sugar). Blueberries are great but they have to be paired with something.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    canned salmon
    yum yum
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    Hummm, never thought of the rice vinegar (never heard of it actually) but I'm all about sweet without the sugar. And the marinated veggies sound yum. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    I typically prefer my salmon fresh, but I'm up for giving canned a try. What do you pair it with?
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I routinely eat Pistachios as a snack! Also red bell pepper with hummus.
  • CarmenDsewell
    Options
    Try Almonds or peanut butter, my favorite is Smuckers because it only has 2 ingredients in it.
  • mander9608
    Options
    I love sugar free jello and the atkins bars
  • cbteegardin
    cbteegardin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Seasoned Sun Luck Rice Vinegar. 5 grams sugar (25 kcal) / tablespoon. A tablespoon actually goes a long way on veggies. If you like them a little spiced up, a dab of Sriracha Chili Sauce with the vinegar will give them a bite as well.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. Full fat FAGE.
    2. Raspberries.
    3. Few drops of vanilla extract.
    4. Splenda

Stir it all together.

OHMYGODWHATSTHISSODELICIOUSITITGOINGTOMAKEMEFATNOREALLYIDONOTBELIEVEYOUNOMNOMNOM
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I typically prefer my salmon fresh, but I'm up for giving canned a try. What do you pair it with?

I use spicy mustard.

I get low sodium canned salmon in water (From trader joes)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I do the spicy mustard with tuna or canned chicken breast, too :)

Oh, and lots of cracked pepper!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    100 cal fruit yogurts.

Apples! Gala/Fuji

Maple sweetened oats (prepacked "less sugar" Quaker packets with 1/2 small apple chunked in it. YUM!)

One dark chocolate truffle, 75 cals

Sweet pickle relish is good in seafood to make a spread with about 1 T lowfat salad dressing, a packet of splenda, and a squirt of lemon juice. I eat it on four thin black pepper thin bagel crisps.

Frozen fruit, bagged (Wal*Mart). The blueberries, frozen are my fav!

Chewy Granola bar with chocolate chips, 100 cals
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    Wow! All this great "food" for thought LOL!