greek yogurt!!

Options
What do ou think about greek yogurt? there was no more nonfat left so we had to get regular. it has alot more fat than protein

my question is, is the fat healthy fat or should i wait until the rest of the family finsihes it off!

Replies

• jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff, its part of my daily snacks. You can get nonfat greek yogurt.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Oh boy, Greek Yogurt is fantastic IMO. I eat some on most days. It's great for breakfast, or before a workout, or anytime. Nice and sticky in your belly -- keeps you full!

My favorite is the low fat Fage brand. It doesn't separate as much and seems to lack the pungency of some other brands.

However, I typically only get the low fat so I don't have much experience with the regular stuff. But unless you're allergic to dairy I can't imagine that it is bad fat.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat.

Enjoy the yogurt.
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would just eat a little less than you normally would. Make sure it fits in to your calories
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat.

Enjoy the yogurt.
    THIS!

I buy the plain Greek yogurt at Trader Joe's - it's my absolute favorite! I buy the 2%, only because the full fat has less protein. :huh: :tongue:
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    After eating greek yogurt for a few months, I found out I can't eat any other kindof yogurt now!! Enjoy!!!
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    I eat that stuff EVERYDAY.
    I have to buy two tubs of it when I go to the store lol

non-fat plain greek yogurt + peanut butter = heaven
  • Painterdee
    Painterdee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat that stuff EVERYDAY.
    I have to buy two tubs of it when I go to the store lol

non-fat plain greek yogurt + peanut butter = heaven

I LOVE Peanut Butter...I never though of having it this way! Ohhhh...can't wait to try it! Thanks for the idea!
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    I never liked yogurt till a couple months ago.....until I tried the Chobani bite yogurts. My favorite is the caramel pineapple. I add walnuts to it. I have been trying to go natural (less sugar) but tried one today that I added a TON of fresh strawberries to....and ended up feeding it to the dogs....lol.

Guess I am not ready for plain yogurt.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think if your biggest diet mistake is eating one kind of Greek yogurt vs another, you're doing fine, haha.

I'd say have it just so it doesn't go to waste and just fit it into your calories. If it isn't ideal for your diet/lifestyle plan, then just grab the other lower fat one next time. Don't stress about it :)