Looking for some Christian friends

Options
13»

Replies

• Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian, beyond college age-but you can definitely add me:)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    post reported for discrimination on basis of religion.

really? looking for people who share common ties is enough to get reported? I see so many posts here looking for other friends who are in college, friends who also have 'x' amount to lose, friends from certain regions, friends on the same shift...

I happen to be Christian, but we stand to learn a lot from people that are not like us or that have different points of view on any number of topics, including but not limited to eating and exercise.....just some food for thought.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    Add me on too if you still have room, I'm a Christian who is returning back to college for my next degree, I'm a female and I'm in my 20's.....
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am a christian and add anybody. Even with different view of religion. I have the same goal and prob most people on this website. So everyone to their own.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    To all who got mad at me for "discriminating".... I am just trying to have like minded friends.
    Hon, there's absolutely nothing wrong with what you're doing. If this thread would get shut down it would be more likely the hi-jacking, trolling others might do to get the thread derailed trying to start trouble.

Yes, to the person mentioning small groups but not everyone knows this that is newer to MFP or that only use their phone to log in.
    Patience & Tolerance is a wonderful trait:flowerforyou:
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're taking a lot of crap for this. I know I have taken crap for my religion (or lack thereof) in the past and it is unfortunate that you're facing the same trouble. Have you tried the "Groups" tab? You can just search and join without the trolling.
  • Amandastan
    Options
    Really? What exactly does a person's religious beliefs have to do with being healthy?

I am not a christian but can be a very loyal friend. Please don't add me if you only want to add christians.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mistykcmo
    Mistykcmo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thats Ridiculous that people are getting offended! The girl can be friends with whomever she prefers. People of shared beliefs and experiences relate easier than those who are completely different. Do you want to be her friend that bad that you behave as if someone hurt your feelings for excluding you? Grow up people. Any brown haired, brown eyed, white men around 34 out there? Befriend me! Oh, wait, I have discriminated against all of the blond men out there.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bumping before it gets locked.... curious to see what is said.
    Edited for typos haha!
  • Mistykcmo
    Mistykcmo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Really? What exactly does a person's religious beliefs have to do with being healthy?

I am not a christian but can be a very loyal friend. Please don't add me if you only want to add christians.
    You sound seriously offended. And I find that hella funny
  • KBrodzen1022
    Options
    Add me!! Christian, Mom of 3, working, and college!!! Trust me I know all about juggling :)
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    I am so glad that someone has the courage to stick up for being Christian and do mind sharing the fact that they are. It should not be considered discriminatory for requesting Christian friends. That is her choice and her preference and her right. Rock on chick. Do feel free to add me. In the name of Jesus all day!!!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Im Christian, you can add me :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Luke 6:28-30
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    Wow...it's sad that ppl take offense to someone just looking for some Christian friends..It's the same as if someone was looking for artist friends (another recent post here that NO ONE took offense to) There is absolutely nothing wrong or discriminatory about someone looking for ppl with likeminded thoughts and beliefs, desires or hobbys. That being said, I Am a Christian and ANYONE can feel free to add me if they choose to, and if you don't, that is okay too! Kudos for trying to find friends with similar beliefs as you :)
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't agree with the OC's desire to associate with others who share her faith, doesn't give anyone the right to harass or belittle her. She said nothing disrespectful about ANYONE else. She simply wants to be with people who share her interests and belief system.

Are you all going to call foul on us fibromyalgics because we want to hang out and complain "OMG! FLARE DAY SUCKS!' Or dammit, women shouldn't want to get advice mostly from other women about weight loss, because you know, the male and female bodies aren't drastically different.

For you trolls, well, I'm not talking to you because nobody cares. ;p
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.